S3 built awaiting shipment

RAPS3

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
The wifes just phoned me to say the a letter has arrived from Audi stating the the S3 is now built and awaiting shipment from the factory.

I recieved a letter the other week saying that the build was commencing on the 12th February.

Now just the long ****** wait for it to arrive at the dealers. They have given me an estimated collection date of the 31st March.

So a question for you all, as the dealer was as clear as mud.

After you recieved this letter how long did it take for your car to arrive at the dealership and was parked in your garage ???

I'm hoping for a miracle and that I can collect it closer to the beginning of March rather than the end.

two weeks, maybe three max.

my memory isnt what it was i will check

enjoy

edit: actual date when it was built and waiting shipment 13/11/08 and was collected on 28/11/08. arrive at dealers several days before I collected, as i couldnt resist a quick peek:hubbahubba:

Well atlest you only have another month or so to wait. Think of the rest of us who have atlest two years before we can afford one:blownose:

I am so looking forward to Sunday....!!!!!!!!

Can't fooking wait.

David

I am so looking forward to Sunday....!!!!!!!!

Can't fooking wait.

David

Evil... rubbing salt in the wound of r88per like that lol

Looking forward to seeing pic's of your new pup though dave. :rock:

Yeah Dave - get some pics up on Sunday - never mind wanting to drive it.

Just for rubbing it in I think you need to - Pics first drive later ;)

Two to three weeks would take me to mid March - so a little better than the 31st Macrh which my dealer is quoting me.

Apparently all current AUDIs order are delayed, in particular S3s which are running around 14 weeks late.........honest guv, not jealous or anything, jus`what I `erd like..........

Ye I heard that if you order an S3 SPORTBACK in particular they are delayed and have started to detune the engine to 140 BHP. lol
It will come quicker than you think.

Will get some pics up, need tinted windows though to add to the look.

David

ha ha

If I was paraniod I may just believe you.

But the lovely lady at Audi telephoned me yesterday to say that I could expect collection either the end of next week or beginning of the week after.

In anycase she's going to phone me the moment she gets confirmed when its arriving at the dealer.

I want to inspect it (and take some pics :drool:) before they PDI it. :whistle2:

Apparently all current AUDIs order are delayed, in particular S3s which are running around 14 weeks late.........honest guv, not jealous or anything, jus`what I `erd like..........

Paul, the car in your avatar looks like it's been rolled. Whats going on!??

I ordered mine second week of January and got it three weeks later!

Basically, instead of placing an order and waiting for a few months, the dealer was very proactive and found me a demo already on ship to the UK in exactly the same spec I wanted; so desperate were they get a sale, I also got them to squeeze £1000 off the list price, drop the delivery charges and I got them to fit privacy glass for free when the tracker went on. Hence I got the S3 I wanted inside of three weeks! I've now almost run it in, just 200 miles to go and I can start to gradually build the revs up! Still to see another facelift S3 on the other road - I know you're out there??? I'm certainly getting a lot of admiring looks from drivers of other cars - must be the LED DRL's :think:

Paul, the car in your avatar looks like it's been rolled. Whats going on!??

Just had a look outside and the car seems fine.

The original pic seems have **** itself when I resized it?:uhm:

It only took me 12months to sort an Avatar in the first place.....

cheers
Paul

Pickup my new S3 Sunday cant wait (-: I bought in silver not the most favourite colour that you see but looks good.

Dave bet you can't wait. These last few days are dragging like **** don;t you think?

DAvid

LoL Big time.........was wondering whether should of bought RS getting great reviews our there

must be the focus...plato sold it to a few.

Pickup my new S3 Sunday cant wait (-: I bought in silver not the most favourite colour that you see but looks good.

It's a brilliant colour!! But I am slightly biased. I ran a poll on S3 colours ages ago and Sprint came out on top. Might be time to resurect it now we have more owners on here.

must be the focus...plato sold it to a few.

This was an odd review I thought.

Is it really that good, that useable?

Has FORD just ripped up the rule book (and maybe laws of physics) to make a 300bhp FWD that works?

All the car mags are loving the Ford RS....dont get me wrong I dont think there would be much in it against a S3 but the Focus may win on the fun factor but not with the quality.