S3 BUILD TIME - ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE

SW8S3

Reaction score
Hi, so I am (im)patiently waiting for a date for my Audi S3 black edition tech pack. It will be a leased company car and my company signed off the paperwork on 22nd March through a leasing guy I think. We were given an approx date of June. Two weeks ago we asked the leasing guy if he had any news on the date. He said the dealer guy is on holiday but the date they have is June estimate. Now I am a very impatient person and I have been waiting for this for a long time so would somebody be able to help me with more of an exact date. Thank you, Adele

You need an order number, then you can get all the information from Audi Customer Services.
Lots of comments on here that it’s difficult sometimes to get the info from a leasing company because you are not actually the customer.

Reactions: Jassyo06
You need an order number, then you can get all the information from Audi Customer Services.
Lots of comments on here that it’s difficult sometimes to get the info from a leasing company because you are not actually the customer.
Thanks Richard, yes I've been told they will get the info to me but I have a feeling the info may come at the same time as the car... ha. I guess I just have to wait. Is three months the standard estimate they give?

What I did to get around this was demand the leasing company screenshot their system to prove he order had been made. The screenshot contained the order number and I used it to register with Audi and get all the info.

Reactions: SW8S3
Not sure when you ordered. But in terms of build time for me took around a week to get through the factory and another 3 weeks till I picked up

Reactions: SW8S3
An S3 as a company car?!

Hope you've got some lube handy for when the tax man comes knocking :)

Reactions: lledwoc
An S3 as a company car?!

Hope you've got some lube handy for when the tax man comes knocking :)
Luckily it’s been taken out in bosses other company so I can leave the lube in your bathroom cabinet

Not sure when you ordered. But in terms of build time for me took around a week to get through the factory and another 3 weeks till I picked up
Thank you, this have given me some hope

What I did to get around this was demand the leasing company screenshot their system to prove he order had been made. The screenshot contained the order number and I used it to register with Audi and get all the info.
Good idea, thanks

Luckily it’s been taken out in bosses other company so I can leave the lube in your bathroom cabinet

Ah ok, I'll assume you've taken legal/tax advice on that but we looked at that years ago and the consensus was that benefits provided by a third party but which were effectively due to your employment were still taxable. If not then everyone would be setting up dummy companies to get around BIK tax.

Just make sure your backside is covered! :)

Reactions: TYb
Ah ok, I'll assume you've taken legal/tax advice on that but we looked at that years ago and the consensus was that benefits provided by a third party but which were effectively due to your employment were still taxable. If not then everyone would be setting up dummy companies to get around BIK tax.

Just make sure your backside is covered! :)

thanks for the advice, covered on the tax part I still have no order number though

When you say black edition 'tech pack' is that the virtual cockpit and audi phone box?

Are you aware of the delays to cars with the audi phone box option?, this post is from the track your order thread.
I spoke to my dealer today about this issue and he said the amplifier will be removed at the factory for cars up to build week 22. Cars after week 22 will be pushed back to an estimated build week 42!!!

Good news for me at week 19 but bad news for a lot of others out there

Hopefully your car has been built already, if the above is true it could be October (week 42) before its produced, or November ish in the UK

Last edited: