S3 Brakes upgrade and MOT

Chilly

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Looking at replacement and upgrade of brakes all round our S3 and just looking for some advice with reference to specific pads.

looking at Tarox F2000 discs all round to be run with DS2500 pads.

The questions really are

1. As the DS2500's don't have wear sensors it would mean linking out the pad light for the dash...... would this be an MOT failure as i am linking out a safety feature?

2. Is it worth spending the extra for the Tarox discs or would Pagid do the job just as well, or could you recommend another disc?

3. Braided lines looking at fitting them is there a particular brand which stand out as being exceptional?

I would also be curious to know what others are running as we may look at upgrading power in the near future.

Thanks in advance

Chilly

Afternoon all,

Looking at replacement and upgrade of brakes all round our S3 and just looking for some advice with reference to specific pads.

looking at Tarox F2000 discs all round to be run with DS2500 pads.

The questions really are

1. As the DS2500's don't have wear sensors it would mean linking out the pad light for the dash...... would this be an MOT failure as i am linking out a safety feature?

2. Is it worth spending the extra for the Tarox discs or would Pagid do the job just as well, or could you recommend another disc?

3. Braided lines looking at fitting them is there a particular brand which stand out as being exceptional?

I would also be curious to know what others are running as we may look at upgrading power in the near future.

Thanks in advance

Chilly

Can i just ask what the benefit is of having braided brake lines?

Linking out the sensor seems not to be an MOT fail as loads of cars do not have sensor.

I'm not a fan of Tar-Ox but lots of people swear by them.

Braided lines are those covered with stainless steel braid and are more rigid than the usual OEM lines,and give a firmer feel to the pedal.

Worth it if you're upgrading the whole system .

Thanks Alex i will swap out the lines.

Which discs should i be looking at?

Chilly

Thanks Alex i will swap out the lines.

Which discs should i be looking at?

Chilly
AFAIK some of the Porsche stuff may fit,but you'd need to ask someone who knows.

I went for a big brake kit,which is a different matter!