S3 brake upgrades

Coxy468

Reaction score
As above what callipers/disks fit from standard models fit on the s3 saloon 19” standard wheels as a direct bolt on??
I.e rs3 8v 8 pot, Ttrs 8j ect ect

thanks

Are you wanting them as a cosmetic change or for performance?

They will be for performance as will be running 550+

550+ you building an engine as well ? To be honest standard brakes with clubsport brakes and new pads, lines and fluid will be sufficient as others have used this set up and worked well.

Yes engine is being built in a few months! To be honest the standard brakes are OK, I have Ferodo ds2500, updated disks and fluid and they are not to bad at the minute but I do the odd track day and they were at there limits at my current power and rather than spending 3k on a big brake kit, I have been reading and believe that some other models are a direct bolt on, I have been looking at the rs3 8v 8pots but I am not sire if they fit or what I will need to fit them

This guy has done a TTRS upgrade on his S3..The video might help you with an answer to your question?:icon thumright:

550 is touching the limit but good luck.

im 480 and running Clubsport discs up front and DS2500 pads all round. Mintex discs rear.

Fingers crossed it’ll survive lol, to be honest there’s horror stories at all different power levels if it wants to go it will go the only reason I’m going to push it is because I have a problem with a scratched bore as it decided to eat my spark plugs and I can’t stand spending the money to put it back the same

plus the Monoblock callipers look a lot better too and to be honest the only things between me in control and not are the tyres and the brakes so I’d rather have more to play with than just ‘there good enough’

We can meet in the middle lol 650nm but still, you’re dancing on the edge of failure up at that region so I’d personally play it safe.

http://www.tvsengineering.nl/en/gearbox/dsg/dq250.html

I have too as it’s my only car and don’t want it to break searching for a few extra ponies when I’m already adding extra stress and strain to every component with 480bhp and I think 580nm

We can meet in the middle lol 650nm but still, you’re dancing on the edge of failure up at that region so I’d personally play it safe.

http://www.tvsengineering.nl/en/gearbox/dsg/dq250.html

I have too as it’s my only car and don’t want it to break searching for a few extra ponies when I’m already adding extra stress and strain to every component with 480bhp and I think 580nm

I do have a spare box and mechatronics unit just in case lol

Reactions: Boydie