S3 brake upgrade

crunchie

Reaction score
Having finally chopped my 2.0 TDi in for a 2.0T I can finally start modding.(I don't believe in modding a diesel).
Am I able to upgrade to the S3 set up all round or will I need to upgrade the master cylinder?
Planning re-map soon but want to do the brakes 1st.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

the master cylinder will be fine as the stock one, what sort of upgrade are you thinking of doing?
you going the route of a BBK, if so then look at options like the TTRS set up, VW racing, AP or the Brembo kit if your pockets are really over flowing with cash
the other option is sticking some braided brake lines on putting some decent fluid in & putting some ferodo DS2500 pads on

I was just worried about pedal travel. Has anyone else fitted full S3 set up and noticed any extra travel?
Had DS2500 pads on my Impreza and they squealed like a bitch, great pads tho! Maybe just coz I roasted them on a regular basis :)
Just planning a map to start as my girlfriend uses it on a regular basis.

ah just re read the op.... ignore what i said, i read it as u had just got an S3 and were wanting to upgrade the S3 set up.... by bad

****** S3 brakes! LOL I'm hoping to have a look at mine again this weekend, got some free time!

I have a set of S3 brakes for sale inc calipers, discs, pads and hoses if anyone is interested or hasn't found a set yet. They are off my MY09 S3, PM me if interested.