S3 Brake Question - which pads and discs

Rob_B

Reaction score
afternoon chaps,
the front brakes on my s3 will need changing within the next couple of months and i was looking for a bit of advice with what to go for in regards discs pads and fluid etc..

i haven't got a massive budget so was thinking standard discs from TPS(as in my experience OE discs perform the best)

for pads i was thinking either mintex 1144's or ferodo ds performance(however they are rather steep) also someone has recommended me to Hawk pads?? any of you boys got any knowledge of them??

i was gonna change the fluid for castrol responce super dot 4 and whilt everything was apart i was gonna fit some braided lines...either goodridge or the ones from awesome gti

anyways if anyone has got an advice for me i would appreciate it :)

regards
rob

There's loads of info on this if you do a search mate.

If I was on a tight budget i'd get standard front discs and Ferrodo Ds2500, the pads make so much difference. Whatever you do dont get Yellow Stuff pads as they will eat through discs like you wouldn't believe.

The braided hoses aren't so important but get yourself some decent fluid like Motul RBF600

I have just bought the following for my front plus new OEM rear discs and pads. Getting them all fitted on Wednesday!!

£190 for DS2500s + 1.5 litres of Motul RBF600 from Larkspeed.com
£80 for Pagid front discs from Euro Car Parts