Facelift S3 Brake Disc sizes

Scotty75

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hi.

Can anyone give me stock sizes for front and rear discs for a 2017 S3 sportback ?

340mm front and 310mm rear last time I checked.
check your pr codes when looking for bits so you don’t get the wrong ones.

Reactions: Scotty75
I will be due new discs and pads soon its an expensive job if done buy Audi main dealers

340mm front and 310mm rear last time I checked.
check your pr codes when looking for bits so you don’t get the wrong ones.

Erwin online or is there another way for me to check the numbers ?

If you look on the sticker in your boot or service book there will be a list of codes like 1JK, 1BC. Each one relates to something fitted to your car from factory.
when looking at likes of euro and other parts selling places they will have these codes.
1E53BDF5 7137 4A4E A6B0 249C9A86E2A1

If you look on the sticker in your boot or service book there will be a list of codes like 1JK, 1BC. Each one relates to something fitted to your car from factory.
when looking at likes of euro and other parts selling places they will have these codes.View attachment 264183

Thanks mate , didn’t even know about the boot sticker . See you use AUTODOC . Same place I’ve been looking.

Considering going for Zimmerman discs and pads , any experience of them ?

Thanks mate , didn’t even know about the boot sticker . See you use AUTODOC . Same place I’ve been looking.

My go to has always been trw. They generally come with all the fittings, bolts, sensors to do the job. been using them for years on all other cars and never had any issues.
They are also the oe manufacturers for the s3 brakes.
careful with autodoc, I got stung with customs last time getting parts for my dad.

Been looking at autodoc do you always get custom charges?

Are the oem brake discs trw and the oem pads ate?

The trw pads are better priced

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

For 10+ years, I've been using Zimmerman with no issues. On my MK1 TT and 8P A3, i combined the Zimmermans with Akebono Euro ceramic pads. Almost no brake dust and disc corrosion is minimized too. Ate Ceramic is my second choice.

Reactions: AlS3BE
Been looking at autodoc do you always get custom charges?

Are the oem brake discs trw and the oem pads ate?

The trw pads are better priced

Been stung once since brexit. It was about £400 worth of parts so £100 in chargers including courier charges. Think you get away with smaller amounts.

Reactions: Scotty75 and MrZ
Another question I should have asked is do rear pads also have wear sensors or just the fronts. Fl model if it makes any difference

Another question I should have asked is do rear pads also have wear sensors or just the fronts. Fl model if it makes any difference

Only one of fronts had sensor and rears no sensor if I remember right.

Reactions: JohnM100 and MrZ
Been stung once since brexit. It was about £400 worth of parts so £100 in chargers including courier charges. Think you get away with smaller amounts.

Think I’ll skip AUTODOC. Pricing doesn’t seem as good since I ordered brake parts for my A3. Similar parts for my S3 seem significantly more expensive and that’s without looming import duty !

I’m sure AUTODOC used to price brake discs in pairs , seems now it’s per corner !

I think it’s under £135 of goods you get away with no charge but over that it’s 20%+ carrier admin charge which is normally around £20-30.
makes sense to order small parts or break the order to a few small orders.
autodoc has their moments. Seen it as high as 35% off that’s when it’s a good deal. They also have stock of everything and lots of brands where as local factors and euro has fewer brands.

Reactions: Scotty75
Ate Ceramic is my second choice.
I wouldn't recommend these for the S3 or performance car. My dad has them on his Q2 and they're fine for a normal car. I had them on my S3 but they generate more heat (dependent on how you drive too), warped my discs and had a permanent blue tinge to the disc indicating heat damage. Braking performance/feel was a bit meh too, didn't fill me with confidence.

I went Ferodo DS Performance pads (highly recommend and no where near as dusty as OEM) on the front with TRW standard discs and Brembo Xtra pads on the rear (very dusty - wouldnt buy again) with TRW stock discs

What sort of price should I be looking at for new discs pads all round fitted at an indy?

I used TRW discs and pads on my A3 and found them worth every penny but for my S3 the price on AUTODOC was over £400. Excluding charges. Obviousness the discs on the S3 are bigger , more expensive.

Did some looking around and picked up the full set from MTEC for £320. Drilled and slotted discs with Mintex pads. They have good reviews at other forums , so we will see how they perform. Not a bad price in my opinion .

Reactions: AlS3BE