S3, Black Exhaust Tips??

DommyR

Reaction score
Hi All.

I collected my S3 on saturday and I'm blown away by it. Its superb!

One thing though, as I have the black styling pack (with sepang), to keep in with the blackness of the whole thing, does anyone know of anybody that does black exhaust tips for the S3?

Done a fair bit of browsing on the net but nothing, only can find them for modified exhaust systems...

Anyone? :thrashi:

See here, someone painted their's black.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/painting-exhaust-tips.228681/page-2#post-2294448

52108205ad21fd1ee62afb5a12101559.jpg

I think you will struggle to find them tbh. Only suggestion would be to take of stock ones and get them electro plated or equivalent... Don't know if this would be easy or not as I assume will have to cut off the stock pipes, not actually checked how the tips are secured onto the exhaust. Probably welded on.. sometimes the chrome cover are clipped on but doubt it in this case.

I have been looking into making my own RS style tips that would slip over (blacksmith/welder to trade) but not sure how they would look. Might end up cutting off and sticking new ones on.. watch this space. lol..
:) :angrymod: don't hurt me, I just prefer them to the quad style)

Yeah the company I'm an engineer at deals with quite a few platers but I cant think of a decent method that will be as resistant.

Yes it would be fairly easy as the tips are only secured onto the exhaust system with a jubilee type thing.

I think you will struggle to find them tbh. Only suggestion would be to take of stock ones and get them electro plated or equivalent... Don't know if this would be easy or not as I assume will have to cut off the stock pipes, not actually checked how the tips are secured onto the exhaust. Probably welded on.. sometimes the chrome cover are clipped on but doubt it in this case.

I have been looking into making my own RS style tips that would slip over (blacksmith/welder to trade) but not sure how they would look. Might end up cutting off and sticking new ones on.. watch this space. lol..
:) :angrymod: don't hurt me, I just prefer them to the quad style)

Me too, it's the only external mod I'm planning rs tips and a rs grill.
Can't find proper oval tips so may wait for replicas to come out after the rs3 is released

Takes about 3/4000 miles of not washing them and they go totally black! I've not washed mine since day one :)

Reactions: elpaulio, Cymru09, JordanQuattro and 7 others
A friend on another forum I'm part of had the tailpipes of a stainless exhaust powder coated black. A few people (including himself) were dubious of how durable the finish would be on a component which repeatedly gets very hot then cools down, but over a year later it's still looking brand new.

A friend on another forum I'm part of had the tailpipes of a stainless exhaust powder coated black. A few people (including himself) were dubious of how durable the finish would be on a component which repeatedly gets very hot then cools down, but over a year later it's still looking brand new.

Would need to be a silicon based powder coating to withstand the heat. Normal stuff would burn off.

Just get them ceramic coated.Many colours available.

Assume that these tips can just be pulled and worked off the muffler?

There's a chap on here with a sepang blue and milltek with satin black tips. Looks the dogs. It's in the picture sticky about late January time.

Reactions: ChivsBang and Brasso
What diameter are the s3 tips? An a6 black edition had black tips and there is a PN for them. Just a thought if they are the same diameter. I have them on my a4 2.0tfsi avant

There's a chap on here with a sepang blue and milltek with satin black tips. Looks the dogs. It's in the picture sticky about late January time.

Think that's me :)

Yeah I love how they look, way better than the standard ones.

Reactions: naughts4187
:sign ot:Maybe we should just stop linking to old threads and start afresh every single time?..........:jester:

This guy asked for black tips, there are black tips here already.

He can make his tips black, picture of car with black tips and link to thread discussing black tips.

Topic covered,

Reactions: AndyB-S3