S3 black edition

dmw

Reaction score
Hi All.

Does anyone have any pictures of the S3 black edition...preferably in phantom black.

I know it won't differ too much from standard car...just be nice to see a couple of photos if anyone has any.

Thanks.

I think the first BE's will be rolling off the production line anytime soon. There'll be plenty of photo's flying around after the lucky owners start taking delivery:beerchug:

Just been to Audi's site to look for this. Is it a Special Edition, or just an everyday S3 with a 'black pack' on it for £300?

Just been to Audi's site to look for this. Is it a Special Edition, or just an everyday S3 with a 'black pack' on it for £300?

I think thats all it is tbh

may have different coloured alloys or centres or something aint that the norm with black packs

It's just a regular S3 with the 'Black Edition' options. (BOSE, titanium 'rs4' wheels, black optics, privacy glass, piano black inserts, etc, etc,)

Last edited:
It's just a regular S3 with the 'Black Edition' options. (BOSE, titanium 'rs4' wheels, black optics, privacy glass, piano black inserts, etc, etc,)

Spot on....or at least that is what I believe I have ordered :)

"piano black inserts,'

When will Audi learn they are NOT a good thing , they look like plastic , dirty and covered in finger prints , when the sun hits them they look awful !

My S3 with black optics , not a black edition , but the wheels are so dirty they could pass as titanium colour ! Gives you an idea ..

S32.jpg

Spot on....or at least that is what I believe I have ordered :)
"piano black inserts,'

When will Audi learn they are NOT a good thing , they look like plastic , dirty and covered in finger prints , when the sun hits them they look awful !

Guys, you can alter the spec of the S3 Black Edition from piano black inlays to whatever. I posted in another thread the options in the new A3/S3 brochure. I personally hate them too, cheap. Brushed alu all the way!

piano black inlays looks the dogs on my Mini and look great on the BMW's i have been in.

Seems a bit silly to order a BE and delete the piano black inlays. might affect resale also.

as for finger prints, don't touch them :sm4:

piano black inlays looks the dogs on my Mini and look great on the BMW's i have been in.

Seems a bit silly to order a BE and delete the piano black inlays. might affect resale also.

It's all down to personal preference at the end of the day. You like them , I don't. Doubt it would affect resale negatively. From what I've read, I think it would boost resale IMO.

My BE was a car sat in the showroom, which I nought because I got a fantastic deal. It has te piano blacl inlays. If it was a factory order, it would definitely have had brushed aluminium. Lifts the interior no end I think.

A friend has just taken delivery of a new Q5 S-Line which has the piano black inserts - they were set into a brushed aluminium surround which looked good. Does the S3 BE have this same set-up?

The piano black inlays on the BMW / MINI range are far better than the Audi ones so not really relevant. As for resale value...............not a jot of difference, it's an option to change just like any othe Audi model.

A friend has just taken delivery of a new Q5 S-Line which has the piano black inserts - they were set into a brushed aluminium surround which looked good. Does the S3 BE have this same set-up?

Nope, not unless they've changed it especially for S3, which i'd be very surprised.

"piano black inserts,'

I specced the Piano black inserts and love them, IMO adds class not detracts it. But each to their own. Everyone keeps on talking about finger prints and scratches etc. I have two little ones who stick their fingers all over them and have not had any issues at all. A quick wipe over with a fine glass or microfibre cloth and they're as good as new. I dont know what people are doing to scratch them - cleaning them with brillo pads or something?

The S3 I test drove had the Alu inserts and IMO it overpowered the interior rather than complemented it.

I suppose it goes back to the old saying Opinions are like a#se holes everyones got one and I like mine :yes:

I specced the Piano black inserts and love them, IMO adds class not detracts it. But each to their own. Everyone keeps on talking about finger prints and scratches etc. I have two little ones who stick their fingers all over them and have not had any issues at all. A quick wipe over with a fine glass or microfibre cloth and they're as good as new. I dont know what people are doing to scratch them - cleaning them with brillo pads or something?

The S3 I test drove had the Alu inserts and IMO it overpowered the interior rather than complemented it.

I suppose it goes back to the old saying Opinions are like a#se holes everyones got one and I like mine :yes:

Depends how fussy you are, try looking at them at night with the Light pack lights shining on them...................swirl city :-(