S3 behaviour in snow and cold

FreddieS3

Reaction score
I just wanted to confirm/report that the S3 works like a charm in the weather condition we have right now in Sweden. Finally the winter is here!! (At least in my part of this oblong country)

Weather conditions right now: 5 cm snow and about -10 degrees.

It's so hard not to push the ESP button off and experience great drifting and long skids , just can't help it. Thumbs up to the great quattro system!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Will post some pictures tomorrow.

Pics are always good.

Dont you have / need to run with snow tyres during this time of year?

I always found my 8L S3 a bit of a pig in the snow and ice. Heavy and understeered everywhere, unless you give it a heavy right foot and brought the back end around. But then it seemed like an age to come to a halt. I remember thinking stopppppppp!! A few times approaching various stationary objects after having a play in the snow and ice.

I suppose your used to driving in those conditions though.

Dont you have / need to run with snow tyres during this time of year?

By law we need to have snow tires this time of year (1 dec to 31 march)
Forgot my camera today so I post the pictures tomorrow.

Was gonna say you must be using snow tyres as standard summer tyres like the Contis or Rossos we get as standard fit here wouldn't give you any grip whatsoever, Quattro or not :)

Vertigo1 said:
Was gonna say you must be using snow tyres as standard summer tyres like the Contis or Rossos we get as standard fit here wouldn't give you any grip whatsoever, Quattro or not :)

He,he no no grip at all with summer tires, and also very illegal

All cars are delivered with summertires, mine with Conti contact sport. Snow tires are extra and fitted at the dealer, cost about £800 extra.

Mostly down to the tyres IMO, but I'm sure FreddieS3 has greater experieince and I bet Quattro with winter tyres is great.

Do those studs really help? They look a bit short .................