S3 Battery

Rock Carver

Reaction score
I swapped over my dead battery at the weekend and went with the recommended choice of the Varta E44 096, ordered from Tanya. This battery is not overly cheap these days but, if it lasts as long as the OEM Audi one (8 years old) then it's money well spent!

I just wanted to confirm that it fits my 2010 Black Edition S3 perfectly and you are still able to place the internal insulation sleeve around battery (if you have one).

I've not got overly small hands but, was able to get to the retaining bolt and slacken it off with a standard ratchet socket set. It's true to say that the job would be made even easier should you have a suitable extender but, it is possible to do the job without it as long as you're bolt isn't seized

As others have said, the things you will have to do after fitting the new battery is lower and raise your front windows to reset the one touch opening and you'll see a couple of lights on the dashboard light up when you first start the car, which reset within a few yards of driving.

So, rather than drop into Halfords or call the RAC out, save yourself a few quid and do it yourself. Very easy job.

Sadly, it didn't help me pass a new Renault Megane RS 280 this weekend but, i'll put that down to it being a brand new car, lighter and with slightly more horses under the bonnet. Time to pop down to Revo I think!

I swapped over my dead battery at the weekend and went with the recommended choice of the Varta E44 096, ordered from Tanya. This battery is not overly cheap these days but, if it lasts as long as the OEM Audi one (8 years old) then it's money well spent!

I just wanted to confirm that it fits my 2010 Black Edition S3 perfectly and you are still able to place the internal insulation sleeve around battery (if you have one).

I've not got overly small hands but, was able to get to the retaining bolt and slacken it off with a standard ratchet socket set. It's true to say that the job would be made even easier should you have a suitable extender but, it is possible to do the job without it as long as you're bolt isn't seized

As others have said, the things you will have to do after fitting the new battery is lower and raise your front windows to reset the one touch opening and you'll see a couple of lights on the dashboard light up when you first start the car, which reset within a few yards of driving.

So, rather than drop into Halfords or call the RAC out, save yourself a few quid and do it yourself. Very easy job.

Sadly, it didn't help me pass a new Renault Megane RS 280 this weekend but, i'll put that down to it being a brand new car, lighter and with slightly more horses under the bonnet. Time to pop down to Revo I think!
OMG beaten by a renault .

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up: