S3 Ara Blue - Black edition or not?

I have the Audi Sound System fitted in my Pre-FL S3 and once configured there is tons of bass & volume???....sound has to be configured for every selection though.....Radio/Media/SDCard etc......one configuration doesn't do all...if that makes sense ....but I'm well chuffed

My grandparents have this system, I can't find fault with it either. Mine seems to be awful, just really disappointed with it.. I were excited when I saw that sub in the boot too.

On the new Q2, the Turbine magnesium alloys are a standard option on the S-line, and you can select Ara blue on a S-line, so much for exclusivity.

Also, if you spec the Q2 Edition 1, this has RS3 19" black rotors, nice.

On the new Q2, the Turbine magnesium alloys are a standard option on the S-line, and you can select Ara blue on a S-line, so much for exclusivity.

The Q2 was the first model to be given Ara blue outwith the R8,the launch edition Q2 is rather nice indeed

Navarra Blue is more exclusive than Ara.

Ara is a standard optional color on the A3 in several European countries. Definitely not exclusive to the S and RS.

Ara is a standard optional color on the A3 in several European countries. Definitely not exclusive to the S and RS.

Navarra Blue available in the UK is available on the S3/S4/S5...... We live in the UK.....ye know we're hardly going to bump into anything else from any other country..... Tryin hard here not......to here.... Yer hard work mate

Reactions: AudiNutta, Jcbmally, SpeedyFrog and 3 others
Ara Blue is an exclusive S3 standard optional colour in North America, as of this date, and we are VERY unlikely to bump into any European models.
Navarra Blue is not available in Canada on an S3

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
Navarra Blue available in the UK is available on the S3/S4/S5...... We live in the UK.....ye know we're hardly going to bump into anything else from any other country..... Tryin hard here not......to here.... Yer hard work mate

Ara blue is a standard optional A3 color in Ireland.
Ara blue is a standard optional A3 color in France.
Aren't they super close to UK?

Point is, Navarra is exclusive to S in all markets. Ara is not exclusive to S or RS in all markets as you claimed previously.

Reactions: keenu

Point is, Navarra is exclusive to S in all markets. Ara is not exclusive to S or RS in all markets as you claimed previously.
Yeah but they don't float...

Reactions: AudiNutta, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Well if it's standard or not iv just ordered the S3 3 door s tronic in ara blue with red break calipers and B&O March 1st delivery for 17 plate!

Can't wait!!

Reactions: AudiNutta, Jassyo06, pburv and 2 others
in both case it's VERY beautiful.

i was in dubt too for my Vegas Yellow S3 and at the end i choose the classic chromed grill.

congrat for Ara blue :hubbahubba: in italy there isn't this choice

Reactions: AudiNutta, Simon L, samo26 and 1 other person

Here it's available on the Moon maybe the dealership on there is a bit closer to yourself..... lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Simon L
Here it's available on the Moon maybe the dealership on there is a bit closer to yourself..... lol

I like how you always use BS to avoid admitting that you are wrong about something.

I give up.:sleepy:

In Spain, Germany and other European countries, Navarra Blue is an optional color for A3.

Enviado desde mi OnePlus mediante Tapatalk

I don't know in Ireland, but in France, Spain, Germany, ... Navarra Blue is available for A3.

In Spain, Germany and other European countries, Navarra Blue is an optional color for A3.

No, Navarra is not a standard optional color for the A3 in Spain, Germany, and other European countries.

It is a standard optional color for the S3.

I like how you always use BS to avoid admitting that you are wrong about something.

I give up.:sleepy:
Think you wrote the book mate, if it's not you arguing with members about chrome, it's about a trivial paint colour, your moving the goal posts mate, l said Ara was exclusive to the S/RS models and also the Q2s-line...... in THE UK........I dont give a Monkeys Chuff where else it's available..... and why should l......why should you.......Ara will be available all across the Audi S/RS model line up in due course, the new Sepang in the UK.....

Reactions: Richierich37, ammo-mcr, ice_cube99 and 4 others
Think you wrote the book mate, if it's not you arguing with members about chrome, it's about a trivial paint colour, your moving the goal posts mate, l said Ara was exclusive to the S/RS models and also the Q2s-line...... in THE UK........I dont give a Monkeys Chuff where else it's available..... and why should l......why should you.......Ara will be available all across the Audi S/RS model line up in due course, the new Sepang in the UK.....

I wasn't arguing with members about chrome. That's subjective, that's no right or wrong on either side.

You were the one who made fun of others for saying Navarra is similar to Scuba and later on personally mistakenly called someone's Navarra as Scuba.

You said Ara was exclusive to S/RS models, period. Maybe you meant it to be only in the UK without stating it as such, but there was nothing wrong correcting you so that correct information is available in the forum.

No, Navarra is not a standard optional color for the A3 in Spain, Germany, and other European countries.

It is a standard optional color for the S3.
I'm sorry, you're right: the blue I was talking is Nogaro Blue, not Navarra Blue!

3a7dd896c724ec949a054e293a87b0ab.jpg

The funny thing is that you may say a colour is an exclusive in an Audi market country/area only and that is true at that time BUT then Audi makes a market decision for other markets to have the subject colour as a standard or an option.
Ara Blue is a classic example of this!

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
I wasn't arguing with members about chrome. That's subjective, that's no right or wrong on either side.

You were the one who made fun of others for saying Navarra is similar to Scuba and later on personally mistakenly called someone's Navarra as Scuba.

You said Ara was exclusive to S/RS models, period. Maybe you meant it to be only in the UK without stating it as such, but there was nothing wrong correcting you so that correct information is available in the forum.
Just you concern yourself getting one in that colour, yeah that colour you didn't have a clue about, think you started a thread about the colour on a A3 cabriolet? Yeah my God l got Scuba blue mixed up with Navarra how dare l.....optometrist here l come lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Audi Bairn, pburv and 1 other person
Anyone fancy a man hug?? lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Richierich37, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Pity you can't spec black grill, black window trim with tinted windows, chrome pack rear defuser and change those nasty alloys...

I wouldn't be over joyed with either of Audi's options,

Saying that though, the cars usually look better in the flesh, the configurator rarely does it justice !

Reactions: pburv
Pity you can't spec black grill, black window trim with tinted windows, chrome pack rear defuser and change those nasty alloys...

I wouldn't be over joyed with either of Audi's options,

Saying that though, the cars usually look better in the flesh, the configurator rarely does it justice !
Agree with you on that! That would of been my order if so! Can't wait to see ara blue in the flesh on the S3

Reactions: pburv, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Ara blue will look stunning mate ! Good choice..

Reactions: samo26
Yeah my God l got Scuba blue mixed up with Navarra how dare l.....optometrist here l come lol

Nothing wrong with messing up if you did not act like a jerk and made fun of people for saying that Scuba and Navarra are very similar.

Nothing wrong with messing up if you did not act like a jerk and made fun of people for saying that Scuba and Navarra are very similar.

Images

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, TDI-line and Simon L
At its best...? In a showroom, under artificial lights...? :haha:

Is that a wee hint of Ara Blue Crystal envy l detect................lol....tell ye right now its a winner mate.....on the right car of course....it really suits chrome and black surrounds,hence its £775 bangers

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv, AudiNutta and 4 others
Is that a wee hint of Ara Blue Crystal envy l detect................lol....tell ye right now its a winner mate.....on the right car of course....it really suits chrome and black surrounds,hence its £775 bangers
Won't get to see it on mine till 1st March! Haha

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
Ps l think the the RS3....has more natural daylight on it than artificial light mate

Reactions: pburv, Simon L and samo26
I followed an Ara Blue R8 a few days ago and it is very interesting when the sun hits the crystal effect!! and no I was not smoking weed.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, TDI-line and 5 others
I'm chose Black Optics for my FL Daytona Grey, but the chrome does look very good with it:

da72109cec064a039401d0f00a3d4a26.jpg

For comparison:
b4e44d2fd1e145aaa9d933856849e776.jpg

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, TDI-line, pburv and 5 others
First black edition? Shame cannot see the alloys if so...

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    841.3 KB · Views: 211
First black edition? Shame cannot see the alloys if so...
Interesting how that camera angle and black/white contrast really accentuates the wheel arches and front lower air dams. Makes for a more aggressive look.

Reactions: pburv