S3 and S4

jedwa115

Reaction score
Had S3 until 6 months ago. Got nipper on way so need sizable motor. Toying with buying an S4 - brob circa 98-2000.

Anyone driven both? Comparison?

Ta,
Jon

loverly cars can be very thirsty.
performance wise similar if S3 is remapped.
boot is sufficent for a buggy and rear seat are ok on leg room unless your over 6ft!

Always been a big fan of the B5 S4. Lovely engine, subtle looks and great performance even as standard. A very under-rated car, just make sure you get a decent one with FSH and that has been well looked after, as there are a lot of abused examples about.

You'll love the 2.7 V6 BiTurbo engine, it's an absolute gem, and with a few modifications you can make big, big power.

Well speaking from experience the S4 is defo the way to go. I'm running an S3 at the moment, & even tho it's a great car, there's just no comparison!

The V6 Biturbo just pulls like a train in every gear (the reason i got banned) :(
It's subtle & pi$$es all over the scooby mob.
The only down side i found was the fuel consumtion, however that was down to the way i drove. I averaged 19-21mpg & my girlfriend managed up to 25mpg. If you can live with that then it's by far the best car I ever owned! Then again if you want economy buy a oil burner, not a preformance motor...

Oh & fit a Milltek, Such a nice note!

Hope this helps.

Do it, wont be dissappointed! Like the way youre looking at a more insane motor, rather that Scenic, Picnic or whateva people buy when they have kids!
I have 5 up ona few occassions, and it gets 5 big lads to whevever in comfort and fun!
You do realise though you will turn your kid into a petrol head being driven round in a S4!
*And be sure to Milltek it*

Sorry been slack in replying.

Still very tempted by an S4. One other option is a 330 tourer (petrol, although a chipped diseasal with 500Nm could be an option, need to drive one), which is a slightly different proposition, but very nice too. Sad as it is, the 330 is a bit more up to date on the old styling and even though the S4's in my price bracket are super quick and fun, they are starting to look a bit dated...

Ref comments Scenics etc... Not over my dead body. There's a certain amount you can give up when you have kids, it's part of the deal, but not every inch of your pride, soul and integrity! The wife already knows we're limited strictly to 3 nippers because after that you are into totally shyte motors!!

Thanks all