S3 alloys stolen last night

I use one of these to watch over my car - https://www.use-ip.co.uk/hikvision-ds-2cd2132f-i-2-8mm-3mp-ir-fixed-dome-network-camera.html

The quality is very good and feature set for the money is impressive too. You also have the option of having a different viewing angle lens on there, with 2.8mm being the widest if you want to cover the largest area or if the area being monitored is directly in front of the camera.

I'll probably get a couple more to cover the garden and the front of the house soon too.

Reactions: Chris5
The Police also advised that if they are caught, the images have to be crystal clear to be of any use. The last lot I caught on the rear decking were wearing double hoodies, the camera would have had to be at head height and pointing directly at them to get a good picture. Even if they had caught them, they hadnt actually committed a crime being in my garden armed to break in. Oh what great laws we have in the UK!

Neither of those are strictly true - firstly the images only have to be suitable for someone to ID the suspect, and legal precedents have been set for this scenario.
Also, the offence of "Being on Enclosed Premises" would have come into play if they were caught.
Appreciate your thoughts though, British Criminal Justice system is far too weak!

I use one of these to watch over my car - https://www.use-ip.co.uk/hikvision-ds-2cd2132f-i-2-8mm-3mp-ir-fixed-dome-network-camera.html

The quality is very good and feature set for the money is impressive too. You also have the option of having a different viewing angle lens on there, with 2.8mm being the widest if you want to cover the largest area or if the area being monitored is directly in front of the camera.

I'll probably get a couple more to cover the garden and the front of the house soon too.
Yeah it's always better buying the cameras with the vari focal lens to set up the view to exactly where you want it.
Cameras and security lighting can only do so much it would never stop anyone from stealing if there determined enough to do it. The CCTV alarm would trigger then you see 3 masked men outside at your car not a lot of people would approach them. Shout out the window and phone the police, police are usually slow so they would get away

Yeah it's always better buying the cameras with the vari focal lens to set up the view to exactly where you want it.
Cameras and security lighting can only do so much it would never stop anyone from stealing if there determined enough to do it. The CCTV alarm would trigger then you see 3 masked men outside at your car not a lot of people would approach them. Shout out the window and phone the police, police are usually slow so they would get away
Cheers for the info chris

@Chris5 the ones you suggested are IP cams or 'traditional' cams? Thanks

Guys thanks for the responses - quick question, has anyone had any experience of fitting an upgraded alarm to an 8V S3? Am looking at makes such as Viper online. Do you think these are effective?

Reactions: pburv
Guys thanks for the responses - quick question, has anyone had any experience of fitting an upgraded alarm to an 8V S3? Am looking at makes such as Viper online. Do you think these are effective?
Are you thinking of some sort of tracker..? or upgraded alarm...?

@azibux1
I use analoge cameras with the rg59 coax.
You need to have very good and fast internet with IP cameras as they can slow down it down quite a bit when using the wifi on laptops and phones.
Using the coax my customers can't complain about anything

Reactions: azibux1
@azibux1
I use analoge cameras with the rg59 coax.
You need to have very good and fast internet with IP cameras as they can slow down it down quite a bit when using the wifi on laptops and phones.
Using the coax my customers can't complain about anything
Sounds great thanks.

I think the quality on my analogue cams are a bit less (or maybe restricted) because of using an old Genie DVR (quite a few years old) so obviously doesn't support HD.

Good info though, thanks!

Chris5, I'm South Lanarkshire, would be interested in your services. Sent you a message.

Reactions: Chris5
@Chris5. Anyone contact details for him, or had cctv installed by him?

Looking to use his services, but he's not been on the forum for a while.

Fit two different styles of locking nuts on each wheel?

But dont loose the keys :tearsofjoy:

Hi all,

Brief intro - long time lurker, first time poster. Unfortunately am posting under the worst circumstances - I came out of my house this morning to find one side of my S3 up on bricks, with both driver side wheels stolen. Looks like they've tried to take the passenger side too, but were probably disturbed so just made off with two.

I'm based in SW London, so if you're from the area/Surrey/Kent then please do keep an eye out for any classifieds.

Having Audi replace them - any advice to stop them just coming back and taking them again much appreciated!

Cheers,
if you have an angled drive park it on there? I wouldn't be so keen on jacking something up if its on a slope? I may be totally wrong but just a thought