s3 alloy wheel centre cap trim pieces

Ike

Original bad-man
Reaction score
hey all,

got my car back from having the alloys refurbished, unfortunately they broke the chrome colour trim bits when removing them from the centre caps. they advised me I should be able to get some replacements...

I had a look on the bay but only saw some eye-wateringly priced complete wheel caps (that would now not colour match anyway). needless to say i am not a happy bunny at the moment...

does anyone (please!!) know if it is possible to get trim pieces for 18" s3 alloys? as per the image?

Attachments

• 2019-04-18 17.30.48.jpg
    2019-04-18 17.30.48.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 228
Such a shame. A mate had the same and it took him months to purchase a set, one at a time.

Such a shame. A mate had the same and it took him months to purchase a set, one at a time.

same issue or same wheels?

will see what Audi have to say tomorrow otherwise I'll give the refurb peeps a chance to sort, if no joy from that then it looks like small claims court :(

it was not a cheap job...

He had his refurbed in the factory colour but there is a difference in colour unfortunately; it’s not too bad however. No I don’t have a pic sorry.

He had his refurbed in the factory colour but there is a difference in colour unfortunately; it’s not too bad however. No I don’t have a pic sorry.

this is not looking good (no pun intended!), thanks for the info.

If your wheels are genuine Audi and for your car ,call Audi parts giving them your reg or vin and they will sort for you simples

Crikey, the price of these is too much. Just a few weeks ago, I had the alloys on my mk 4 GTI refurbished at JP Alloys and I had to buy some new centre caps for them to match the finish. I thought £28 including a bit of discount each was bad enough for those caps.
When work needs doing that involves taking a wheel off, I always remove them first and keep them safe.

I am going to need wheels soon, bit peed off mine are corroding under the paint.

Reactions: paddy