S3 aftermarket exhausts compilation

Yes I'm not too happy with the discoloration on my pipe tips either...hate the chrome and the oval shape...if I don't bite the bullet on a catback at some point then I will try and change the tips to round grey/black
I have some scorpion ceramic black tips for sale

Reactions: PanamaS3
Paul K

Hit me up with the price of yours and where you got it from.
scorpion direct tell them your from the site and you could get 20 per cent discount

Reactions: Wanty
I have some scorpion ceramic black tips for sale
thanks for thinking of me @paulk but I'm going to buy a full TBE system at some point soon...also I think you can't just easily change the tips on the S3 as they are welded on I believe...but either way I want to change the exhaust...cheers

Neuspeed:

NEUSPEED_Audi_S3_8V_Cat-Back_Exhaust_System1_grande.JPG

NEUSPEED_Audi_S3_8V_Cat-Back_Exhaust_System_2_grande.JPG

NEUSPEED_Audi_S3_8V_Cat-Back_Exhaust_System_3_grande.JPG

http://www.redline-motorworks.com/c...s/neuspeed-audi-s3-8v-cat-back-exhaust-system

Reactions: RO65ERS
I don't fully understand why anyone would want to go with anything other than a 'valved' exhaust system (same as OEM) unless you were going for a full race exhaust (no valves) with de-cat downpipe. Yes I know its cheaper, but this isn't exactly a cheap car to be cutting corners IMO.
Surely its better in the real world to have operational valves for a quieter (OEM) sound in comfort etc. (along with maintaining the factory system and avoiding warning lights or having to get around that) and then more noise in dynamic when you want to give it the beans?
Discuss.....

Reactions: RO65ERS, Rob2k68, Fiddie and 1 other person
I don't fully understand why anyone would want to go with anything other than a 'valved' exhaust system (same as OEM) unless you were going for a full race exhaust (no valves) with de-cat downpipe. Yes I know its cheaper, but this isn't exactly a cheap car to be cutting corners IMO.
Surely its better in the real world to have operational valves for a quieter (OEM) sound in comfort etc. (along with maintaining the factory system and avoiding warning lights or having to get around that) and then more noise in dynamic when you want to give it the beans?
Discuss.....
I agree, mostly!

If I were to go down the pre-manufactured after market exhaust route, I would get a valved, non-resonated Turbo-back system. This largely depends on whether the car would remain as my 'daily' or not, if so, I live in a quite, contained estate and regularly start work before 7am sometimes 6, not super early but early enough especially at the weekends! I can't get away with stupidly loud and would need something a little less aggressive for the early starts. Keeping it in valves closed mode would suffice if it wasn't much more than stock, but even with the OEM system when I start up inside the garage it is noticebly loud from outside. However I would also want to ensure that this system opens valves to 100% when in dynamic at all times, not just at specific/preset rpm targets.

If this wasn't totally possible I would ditch the idea and finish the car off with a straight pipe and keep it for track days and chilly Sunday's! Would finish off the list of proposed modifications very well :p

Reactions: Rob2k68, PanamaS3 and Fiddie
Discuss.....

I agree, mostly!

If I were to go down the pre-manufactured after market exhaust route, I would get a valved, non-resonated Turbo-back system. This largely depends on whether the car would remain as my 'daily' or not, if so, I live in a quite, contained estate and regularly start work before 7am sometimes 6, not super early but early enough especially at the weekends! I can't get away with stupidly loud and would need something a little less aggressive for the early starts. Keeping it in valves closed mode would suffice if it wasn't much more than stock, but even with the OEM system when I start up inside the garage it is noticebly loud from outside. However I would also want to ensure that this system opens valves to 100% when in dynamic at all times, not just at specific/preset rpm targets.

If this wasn't totally possible I would ditch the idea and finish the car off with a straight pipe and keep it for track days and chilly Sunday's! Would finish off the list of proposed modifications very well :p
Yes. I'm agree with both.
The problem I see in most of valved aftermarket exhaust are they dont show db measurements with valves open and closed modes (in resonated and no resonated systems).
This is a problem in many places like where I live where we must to comply some legal db measures. In my case just could install a system 4db louder than oem so the valves are very very useful!

Reactions: Wondering Soul, Rob2k68 and PanamaS3
I've sent another follow up email to APR regarding their cast downpipe....which they told me back in September was "due late this year [2015] or early 2016"....my only issue if I wait is will it fit ok against (say) a Milltek cat back, or is it just better all round to go with a full turbo back from (say) Milltek and stop waiting around...?

Reactions: Fiddie
I've sent another follow up email to APR regarding their cast downpipe....which they told me back in September was "due late this year [2015] or early 2016"....my only issue if I wait is will it fit ok against (say) a Milltek cat back, or is it just better all round to go with a full turbo back from (say) Milltek and stop waiting around...?

Frustrating I know!
Scorpion do a nice cheap one or BCS/power valve which is just a piece of art.
I use the BCS.

The software for stage 2 just isn't really there yet to take full advantage of it, so I would recommend just waiting as bhp-wise it's practically the same.
Unless of course you want a more aggressive sounding car and a quicker spooling turbo.

Reactions: Fiddie and PanamaS3
Frustrating I know!
Scorpion do a nice cheap one or BCS/power valve which is just a piece of art.
I use the BCS.

The software for stage 2 just isn't really there yet to take full advantage of it, so I would recommend just waiting as bhp-wise it's practically the same.
Unless of course you want a more aggressive sounding car and a quicker spooling turbo.
Yeah I suspect the Stage 2 software is half the reason the downpipe hasn't come out yet....I can wait....I just want to do it right first time....just wish it was easier to change the damn exhaust tips as I would keep the cat back with a good downpipe most probably....

I hear you.
I have started to enjoy the stock looks, makes it more stealthy.
911s worst enemy.

I didn't realise that the valves still only fully open at certain rpm when in Dynamic....is this the case with a Milltek system @Wondering Soul ?

Not sure specifically for any stated system, that's information I am also looking to find out!

The Milltek uses the valve motors from the stock exhaust, and the valve operation is identical to the standard system. :yes:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Fiddie, Wondering Soul and 1 other person
I love the sound of this one!

Its impossible with a cat back only?

Video says it have Downpipe from Bull X with HJS Cat.

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and Cairnsy13
Golf 7R ‘Cup Edition’ Exhaust System / Exhaust System for the Golf 7 R and Audi S3 (8V)

The 'Cup Edition' Exhaust dramatically enhances the sound and appearance of your 7R or Audi S3 (8V), whilst delivering a worthwhile power increase. From many years of developing the race exhausts for the Volkswagen Racing Cup, we have partnered with our Championship Sponsors Milltek Sport to offer a more extreme ‘Cup Edition’ Exhaust System for the Golf 7 R and Audi S3 (8V).

G7-R-Exhaust-Header2.png

S3-EXHAUST.png

G7R-Exhaust-Underneath.png

Source:

http://volkswagenracing.co.uk/parts/golf-7-r-cup-edition-exhaust-system/

Reactions: RO65ERS and Rob2k68
The Milltek uses the valve motors from the stock exhaust, and the valve operation is identical to the standard system. :yes:

That's a good cost saving and provides OEM operation - also would be wasted stuck in the loft otherwise I guess !!

Anyone know if Scorpion do this or do they supply their own valves ?

£2500 ish gets you the full Powervalve TBE with 200 cell cat and Ultimate Racechip (387ps 500 Nm Smartphone controllable) with an engine guarantee

:rockwoot:

Reactions: AndyB-S3, RYuill and Fiddie
£2500 ish gets you the full Powervalve TBE with 200 cell cat and Ultimate Racechip (387ps 500 Nm Smartphone controllable) with an engine guarantee

Good to know....when are you updating your website with all the info?

Nige, How much for a powervalve cat back only and could this be easily added to later with your down pipe ?

Nige, How much for a powervalve cat back only and could this be easily added to later with your down pipe ?

price to the forum members is £1300.00 shipped.
System can be upgraded at a later stage to the full turbo back...
Cheers
Nige

BORLA:

borla-exhaust-audi-s3-8v-pic1.jpg

BORLA® PERFORMANCE INDUSTRIES is the pioneer and leader in the design and manufacture of stainless steel performance exhaust. We began three decades ago as a manufacturer of exhaust systems for such "concours classics" as Rolls-Royce and Ferrari cars and have evolved into the premier manufacturer of today's performance vehicles for the street, off-road, and racing.

BORLA® is committed to providing world-class exhaust products which surpass the expectations of our customers. To that end, our facility is complete with a state-of-the art test and development center where we are continually improving our manufacturing efficiency and standards. We have pioneered a variety of improvements in the design of performance exhaust systems. Alex BORLA® currently holds several US patents for innovative exhaust system technology, and the company has won numerous "Best New Product" awards in the industry. Every BORLA® Cat-Back™ system, Header and Rear Section is made from austenitic stainless steel (superior to 409 or aluminized steel) employing mandrel-bent tubing, all-welded construction, and is designed for accurate fit and easy installation. Over 30 years experience and special merge collector technology provide the ultimate in power and endurance.

The performance advantages of a BORLA® are widely recognized. The top engine builders in the racing world rely on BORLA® exhaust for maximum performance. In fact, BORLA® is at the forefront of the movement toward responsible racing with our full line of patented, award and race-winning racing mufflers that not only maintain a race engine's power, but in some instances actually add power. This technology is incorporated into BORLA® exhaust for the street, providing 7-10% increased horsepower and torque when you plant your foot, and improved gas mileage at cruising speeds.

Specs:

• Pipe Diameter: 3" split into two 2.25"
  • Tip Size: 3.5"
  • Tip Description: Dual Round Rolled Angle-Cut
  • Tip #: 47
  • Exit: Dual Split Rear Exit
  • Material: Stainless Steel
  • Warranty: Million Mile

^^ Million mile warranty! Sounds pretty nice, fit the EU spec cars?

Roar:

SEAT_LEON_1P_CUPRA_DUPLEX.jpg

Modell: A3 (8VA) S3 SPORTBACK (300 PS) 13-

ROAR Edelstahl Duplex Sportauspuff, Fahrzeugspezifisch mit EG Genehmigung

ohne Klappe (auch mit Klappe oder als Oversize Abgasanlage verfügbar).

A3 (8VA) S3 SPORTBACK (300 PS) 13-

SYSTEM: 2X85 mm SPORT LINE gerade 4-Ausgang

Dieser Duplex Sportauspuff ist mit einer gültigen E-Nummer versehen, eine Eintragung ist somit

nicht erforderlich. Papiere werden bei Bestellung beigefügt. Passform: Plug & Play !

Kompatibel mit der originalen Auspuffanlage. 5 Jahres Garantie

Mittelschalldämpfer, bzw. Mittelersatzrohr ebenfalls im Programm

http://www.roar-sportauspuff.de/es/car/a3-8va-s3-sportback-300-ps-13

i love the black tips, and I've been looking at the BCS systems and the miltek systems.

it looks like ill be going down the full TBE non res, valved, miltek.

Going to a dyno run tomorrow (not doing a run) with some milltek boys tomorrow. Then I can see what they think of the BCS exhaust note. (Mine was the development car )

That does sound pretty good... hmmm wonder how much it'll cost to get my car soundin like it. Lol

Now that sounds amazing. The sound of the intake and that exhaust note. Now that's how the car should have come stock.

Am new to the forum. Picking up a new 3 door S3 s-tronic on 1st March. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether there would be a noticeable performance gain from the exhausts discussed above on a car without a remap or engine mods?

Reactions: ammo-mcr
After going in a car this morning fitted with a bcs turbo back I would probably go for that instead of milltek if I had my chance again.

After going in a car this morning fitted with a bcs turbo back I would probably go for that instead of milltek if I had my chance again.

turbo back, was it catless , resonated, powervalved? BCS do a lot of variations.

BCS just quoted me a smudge over £500 for their catless with a mini 200 cel (EML) delete. This seems like a very fair price, a scorpion is 300, but will bring the EML on.
i don't know when I'm looking to go stage 2, and seeing the light on will p155 me off so will save me the hassle of that.

i wonder if @Dandanfings could confirm which BCS downpipes he has? the hatless with mini 200, or their full cat version?

Reactions: Bells
I only know of one version... Downpipe sports cat with powervalve. Theses no resonated non resonated malarkey with BCS.