S3/A4/RS4 custom bumper fitting/respray :)

Purple Princess

Reaction score
Ok so I finally got off my **** and started to sort out my new bumper which I brought off A3 Turbo(Jason) It had a few dinks and scratches and the biggest prob is the fact its Silver and my car well isnt!! So I gave it to Byzan A4's son to do a "college project" (cheap labour!!) and here are the results so far............
how it started
aOneS3bumper.jpg

bLeftsideWithgrill.jpg

A bit of plastic weld...
fMeltingtheplasticwelds.jpg

Grilles out...
pBumperwithoutallthreegrills2.jpg

Bit of sanding and stoppering(skim)....
zStoperedallthescrathesalsothestone.jpg

qBlockedoutacreaseinthepaintwork.jpg

All ready for painting :)...
Allprepedforprimerandbasecoat.jpg

He is going to spray it tomoz and put it on the car on Friday so will post more pics then. Ohhh Im sooo excited :):yahoo:

this should be good. Looking forward to pics of it fitted. Are you getting the grills painted black/grey?

Looking good so far Stace....
Should look really nice once on.
Upload some photos when its done if you can please

Thanks

Ashley

I will do matey got a few bits to put on now. Eibach springs whith OEM S3 shocks so it will be a little lower but not slammed. Chrome S3 mirror caps, 312" frount brake set, 17mm rear anti roll bar so should reduce the cars tendancy to understeer and make it more neutral without it being too harsh. My gadges are going into my blank switches on the centre consol by the hazard switch. Bit of a bodge job but I wanted them to be a bit more inconspicous. Oh and I finally got a centre arm rest too :) So all in all not bad considering I was'nt going to modify her atall!!! Meh thats what its for isnt is??!!!:whistle2:

Yarp it all started with the HID's and aero wipers then the re-map and the 18" R8 reps and I just cant stop!!!!! I think once all is done to her though I will be happy and maybe save for a bit ready for GTI so I can strip her against Byzan A4 n woop his **** lol

oh, now you've done it!!!! he is so gonna get the hump!!!!

Quattro for teh win!!!

Whoops!!! soz Mark ;P

<tuffty/>

Oi !! Mine is 2WD anyway so no tacky Haldex to get in the way anyway.......

I'm gonna get creamed aint i????:beee:

That all the mods planned? Should look great when its all done. Lol haha same here i was like not going to mod. And already have a list which needs to be done in the next 4 months. New bumpers, lowering, exhaust, leather seats etc etc lol. Not good when you go in your wallet and your short on cash ha. But still worth it once all done :)

I will do matey got a few bits to put on now. Eibach springs whith OEM S3 shocks so it will be a little lower but not slammed. Chrome S3 mirror caps, 312" frount brake set, 17mm rear anti roll bar so should reduce the cars tendancy to understeer and make it more neutral without it being too harsh. My gadges are going into my blank switches on the centre consol by the hazard switch. Bit of a bodge job but I wanted them to be a bit more inconspicous. Oh and I finally got a centre arm rest too :) So all in all not bad considering I was'nt going to modify her atall!!! Meh thats what its for isnt is??!!!:whistle2:

Now Stace remember what happened last time you went too fast? Lol i do believe you wrote the car off!!!! lol....Nice choice GTI :)
I'm sure Byzan be the mature one and not race;)
But we might aswell set a date and start with the bets lol :)

Yarp it all started with the HID's and aero wipers then the re-map and the 18" R8 reps and I just cant stop!!!!! I think once all is done to her though I will be happy and maybe save for a bit ready for GTI so I can strip her against Byzan A4 n woop his **** lol

That all the mods planned? Should look great.

Now Stace remember what happened last time you went too fast? Lol i do believe you wrote the car off!!!! lol....Nice choice GTI :)
I'm sure Byzan be the mature one and not race;)
But we might aswell set a date and start with the bets lol :)

Yarp thats all (for now!) And no Ash the last time I went too fast I did a sidways drift round a roundabout and out the other side (Scared me but I held on to it though!) :) I have learn't from my mistake trust me!!!! It cost tooo much and if I do it again how will I pay for shiney things lol

Now as for the "race".....place your bets.........LOL:undwech:

very nice better than i thought :hubbahubba:not a big fan of the rs4 side slats though well done ..Rob

Yarp thats all (for now!) And no Ash the last time I went too fast I did a sidways drift round a roundabout and out the other side (Scared me but I held on to it though!) :) I have learn't from my mistake trust me!!!! It cost tooo much and if I do it again how will I pay for shiney things lol

Now as for the "race".....place your bets.........LOL:undwech:
Lol well done for holding on to it ha! I'm the same some times take me a while to learn from mistakes ha! Lol not sure how you will pay for the shiney things ha!

I'm gonna wait for the bookies to give me info regarding the race before i put my bet down :) So get back to you ha

Ashley

DISCLAIMER........Any "racing" WILL be done on the strip at GTI INTERS 09. Mainly so I have proof that I wooped his **** oh and the small problem of the legal thing!!!

Lol yes Stace the small problem of the legal thing you do make me laugh, think i might have to come to this and watch :):beerchug:

very nice better than i thought :hubbahubba:not a big fan of the rs4 side slats though well done ..Rob

Rob,them side slats are excellent dunno how you aren't keen.

i heard those type of bumpers take some fitting as the normal A3 wings are not as wide as a S3 so they dont quite fit smoothly?

Rob,them side slats are excellent dunno how you aren't keen.

Its just me prob i like the clean lines IMO don't mind me. Oh by the way my names not Rob its mark son. I was giving him a pat on he back.:rockwoot:

Looking forward to seeing it on the car and dissapearing into my rear view mirror on the strip :p

haha, isn't the TQS running a ko3S compared to your KO3?

If so, you're going to get slaughtered!

I'd have a punt, keen to find out what my car would run (low 15's I reckon)

Can we do what the slow aircooled cars do and do bracket racing instead of heads up please?! :)

I am 2wd so a different class to her, so luckily even if she is faster ( doubtful,once i set the Racelogic properly) I still have an excuse

I meant reason. PHEW!

Bracket racing?? where you basically guess a time your going to do it in and whom ever guesses right wins??!! Nope we will do it propper like lol

Bracket Racing - invented so people with slow cars think they're good ;)

S4 fogs wont fit, we borrowed them from my car and for sh*ts and giggles we tryed the A3 fogs.
so we assume they are S3 ones ,but we are going to have to wait to see if we can borrow one or a pair to see if the line up or not .