S3/A3 vs ?????? tell us your stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welly and dane equal to 120... (Kph)

no k04'd car could keep up with a mapped rs4, guaranteed

Alot of these "meetings" are decided more by the drivers than the cars...

I would never break the speed limit or demonstrate just how slow the corsa's that i meet on my drive home from work are.....

Not really done much in my A3, I used to own a 96 peugeot 406 SRi Turbo, it was white and looked like a taxi - but i had it at 210-220bhp with bucketloads of torque, i loved making people look stupid in that....

Last edited:
What about mutantfatcats RS4 ? anyone wanna try ? haha youll get a shock !

312785_253640294688178_100001266294498_796141_1774747379_n.jpg

Reactions: Inertiauk
Welly and dane equal to 120... (Kph)

no k04'd car could keep up with a mapped rs4, guaranteed

mapped standard RS4 is probably circa 450hp, but its also over 1650kgs coming on for 1700kgs. Probably talking 270hp/ton.

I'd bet bills lupo would give you a fair old run for your money and its not even a K04 ;)

Power to weight isnt to be ignored!

Reactions: Inertiauk
mapped standard RS4 is probably circa 450hp, but its also over 1650kgs coming on for 1700kgs. Probably talking 270hp/ton.

I'd bet bills lupo would give you a fair old run for your money and its not even a K04 ;)

Power to weight isnt to be ignored!

Amen to that brother!!

<tuffty/>

Any Porsche without a turbo badge, the drivers get SO pissy when I destroy them all the way to 155mph.

Our PDI manager has a Boxster and he's always polishing it and being a gay over how awesome it is that he owns a Boxster at 21. He tried to blast past me on the way home the other night, I put my foot down JUST as he got along with the back of me and left him for dead and he had to jam on the land anchors because he couldn't out brake me into the oncoming roundabout.

I had an M3 the other day which was a bit of a giggle.

yeah the mini badgerwagen lupo would give me a good kicking,

power to weight ratio only comes to play in lower speeds imo, at higher speeds aero dynamics are very important too

an RS4 with a good exhaust system and a map will produce 450bhp / 450lbft

i've learnt as a motorcycle nut, that any heavy car (1600kg+) that can do a sub 5 second 0 - 60 will most likely hit close to 180mph as a top speed

where as lighter cars (lower than 1200kg that manage sub 5 seconds generally run out of puff below 130 mph and may reach a top speed of 150

good explames for this are the areial atom and rs6

yeh at higher speeds aero and power will always start to win out.

However small light fast cars tend to have very different gearing too, which will artificially limit their top end, so getting a streight forwards comparison isnt easy.

Stick a 2.0 16v motor in a nova or corsa and i'll pull happily to the limiter in 5th without running out of puff, but the redline is only doing 140mph.

Last edited:
Stick a 2.0 16v motor in a nova or corsa and i'll pull happily to the limiter in 5th without running out of puff, but the redline is only doing 140mph.

Happy memories. I had a very wide ratio box on my C20XE that would do 140 in 4th. Shame it was a Corsa and I was too scared to go faster than that.

power to weight is a big factor.

I remember when I got my turbo on my 18t, I saw an old fiesta with a 1800rs engine in. we had a blits of the lights and he pulled away from me.I eventually caught up with him after 100 mph but jus goes to show that weight is important.

and yea I felt gutted

Last edited:
Whats happened to this thread, have people given their balls back to their wives to take pride place in their trophy cabinet?!

Just had a PROPER burn up with a 944 turbo, was absolutly neck and neck until 120/130 when the private runway goes up a pretty steep hill where Stuttgarts finest ran out of puff.

I went past the two turn offs for work so I could carry on up the private runway with him haha!

Last edited:
Whats happened to this thread, have people given their balls back to their wives to take pride place in their trophy cabinet?!

Yup!

Problem here is if I lose my license I lose my job, if I lose my job I lose my home, if I lose my home chances are I'd lose my wife, and if I lose my wife then I have no one to chauffeur me about without a license so it's hello public transport. Balls or managing the risk!

To be honest my car is as much about how it makes 'me' feel when I drive it on a great piece of road or around a track, I have gone past the point where I need to race for conquest to feel justified in my own skin. Life's an experience, not a competition which resets at every stop sign! I've just spent 30 odd grand on this car; and Audi still own a good proportion of it so maybe that's also a sobering pill!

Yup!

Problem here is if I lose my license I lose my job, if I lose my job I lose my home, if I lose my home chances are I'd lose my wife, and if I lose my wife then I have no one to chauffeur me about without a license so it's hello public transport. Balls or managing the risk!

To be honest my car is as much about how it makes 'me' feel when I drive it on a great piece of road or around a track, I have gone past the point where I need to race for conquest to feel justified in my own skin. Life's an experience, not a competition which resets at every stop sign! I've just spent 30 odd grand on this car; and Audi still own a good proportion of it so maybe that's also a sobering pill!

If I had a hat on, I'd take it off!!

Well said & respect to you

Pat

Meh, I have a mortgage to pay, a partner to lose and a job as a salesman in a main dealer. So if I lost my license I would also be ****ed.

Doesnt mean I am going to stop having the odd pop at a Porsche on a deserted private runway though. :D

Last edited:
Meh, I have a mortgage to pay, a partner to lose and a job as a salesman in a main dealer. So if I lost my license I would also be ****ed.

Doesnt mean I am going to stop having the odd pop at a Porsche on a deserted private runway though. :D

That's fine mate but keep the details to a minimum on a public forum ;)

And that's fine, just be mindful of the risks. As a motorist in modern broken Britain you are the softest target on tin can alley! The authorities will feck you harder than many more serious criminals who commit worse crimes, so keep your eyes wide open and your wits about you.

One thing I'd add in as context, 12 years ago I was gunning about in a stripped out DubSport conversion Mk2 Jetta 2.0 16v. It was worth peanuts so if I chucked it at the scenery I only had myself to brush down and blame. Now I've invested a few more quid and bought new I will always back away from engaging in any form of race with another car, particularly an older one as very often those drivers will push the limits to a level I wouldn't be prepared to risk in my shiny part owned S3. Whilst a bloated Mk2 S2+ S3 is never going to be the fastest car on the planet, I only tend to use its power to get me away from slower cars that are driving badly, or I'll just hang back from cars that seem determined to race off every junction. I'm genuinely happy with what I've got, and if I get ranted by an A3, a Saxo, a Corsa or whatever I'll be honest I couldn't give a rats ****. To me the ownership experience is as much affected by kerbside appeal as it is by the fact the car can destroy exotic metal.

I respect any car that's quick, as long as its driven competently, so whilst you can race whatever you come across, you can't always be 100% certain that the bloke in the Porker is giving it his all IF he has the same dilemma I do with day the S3.

That aside, driving needs to be fun, it's one of the few freedoms left in life so make sure you enjoy it........responsibly!

Last edited:
Don't really have many 'race' stories but a couple of little plays that amused me in the S3 so far.

Went straight over a roundabout in the right-hand lane and whilst coming off into the right-hand lane a B7 A4 (probably a 2.0TSI) behind me tried to undertake me. Didn't notice until he was about to get kneck-and-kneck and so I planted my foot as still in third and he had to come into the right-hand lane behind me looking a little disappointed.

Driving to work a few mornings ago half-asleep doing the speed limit up a harsh hill and a white van that obviously had to take a run-up came flying up right behind me, and after sitting up my **** for about 5-10 seconds then moved out as if to take over me.. In the most ridiculous and dangerous place ever. Sped up a little to stop him from overtaking there and then as would probably have caused an accident that would've got me killed as well and then when the road evened out I slowed down to ~20mph (40mph limit road) to **** him off for being such an idiot. After a good mile he then attempted to overtake me, and after getting side-by-side with me I put my foot down and he had to pull back in behind me.

Sounds more like Routledge being a complete fanny tbh.

If someones wanting to go faster than you, get out their ****** way. The very fact he caught up with you tells you hes driving faster than you, so why be a complete tit? You claim he came "flying up" but tbh with the rest of your actions it sounds to me like the guy just happened to catch up with you, and you didnt want to let him past.

By speeding up mid overtake your making the situation MORE dangerous, as the guys then stuck out there on the wrong side of the road, without the power to do anything about it. If you think his manoever is endangering your life, then hit the ****** anchors and get the hell away from him. Not only that, you then did it twice.

Someone did that to my dad once in his transit (blocking him and then speeding up mid overtake), the transit did a nice job on the guys rear quarter panel and removed his rear bumper though which probably taught him a lesson.

to be fair I can understand putting your foot down when on the hill. that way your out of harms way and he can pull back into the lane sooner

If someones wanting to go faster than you, get out their ****** way. The very fact he caught up with you tells you hes driving faster than you, so why be a complete tit? You claim he came "flying up" but tbh with the rest of your actions it sounds to me like the guy just happened to catch up with you, and you didnt want to let him past.

By speeding up mid overtake your making the situation MORE dangerous, as the guys then stuck out there on the wrong side of the road, without the power to do anything about it. If you think his manoever is endangering your life, then hit the ****** anchors and get the hell away from him. Not only that, you then did it twice.

Someone did that to my dad once in his transit (blocking him and then speeding up mid overtake), the transit did a nice job on the guys rear quarter panel and removed his rear bumper though which probably taught him a lesson.
Did he get done for dangerous driving?....:whistle2:

Driving at over 70mph is lunacy, so anyone going above that on British Roads deserves abuse.

Let's clear this up. The van went up my **** whilst going up the hill and then went into the middle of both lines (not yet accelerating) looking for an overtake.

This was the view:

92755437.png

Later, when I'd wound him up for being such a *****, he tried again in a safer place. I allowed him to get beside me before putting my foot down and forcing him to go behind me.

This was the view (the road was clear):

32995158.png

Not a fanny - Just commute 300 miles per week and with a 25-27mpg average don't feel the need to speed everywhere, yet I'll enjoyably mug someone off that's being a complete idiot.

Oh, and as for your dad smashing into someone with their van - Cool story bro. I'd love it if they did that to me. Milk them for all they're worth on the compensation to really make their policy price hit the roof on renewal and take myself away on holiday somewhere with the payout. Lovely stuff - Wish it was your dad behind me and not this guy!

Reactions: Goubo1
to be fair I can understand putting your foot down when on the hill. that way your out of harms way and he can pull back into the lane sooner

He cant pull in to the lane sooner if your stopping him complete the overtake. If hes trying to perform a dangerous overtake and generally driving eratically, hes probably either mental, in an extreme hurry, or whacked up on drugs, and by doing so you've now potentially got an ****** drugged up mental van driver BEHIND you. Pretty retarded move all round tbh.

If someones driving like a loon, let them on their way. I've had four angry blokes jump out the car and try to pound my window in after i was a smart *** and undertook them on a roundabout after they cut me up, and irrespective of how hard you might think you are, your not harder than four blokes trying to punch your window in.

s3dave: funnily enough, the guy in the AX didnt stop, and instead floored it off up the road never to be seen or heard from again. Presumably decided if the guy in the van was mad enough to crash into the side of him, he didnt fancy a roadside altercation with him.

The moral of this story: Don't go slow enough to let a Transit van attempt to over take you.

Let's clear this up. The van went up my **** whilst going up the hill and then went into the middle of both lines (not yet accelerating) looking for an overtake.

This was the view:

Later, when I'd wound him up for being such a *****, he tried again in a safer place. I allowed him to get beside me before putting my foot down and forcing him to go behind me.

This was the view (the road was clear):

Not a fanny - Just commute 300 miles per week and with a 25-27mpg average don't feel the need to speed everywhere, yet I'll enjoyably mug someone off that's being a complete idiot.

Oh, and as for your dad smashing into someone with their van - Cool story bro. I'd love it if they did that to me. Milk them for all they're worth on the compensation to really make their policy price hit the roof on renewal and take myself away on holiday somewhere with the payout. Lovely stuff - Wish it was your dad behind me and not this guy!

So basically, because some guy dared to move over to see if it was possible/clear/safe to overtake, you think you have the right to **** him off?

He didnt actually try to overtake? he just caught up with you, decided you were going too slow for him, and moved over a bit to gain extra visibility to ascertain whether or not its safe to pass.

You've effectively confirmed my initial suspiscions, that you acted like a complete tit.

Status
Not open for further replies.