S3/A3 vs ?????? tell us your stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bye bye 330i... had a play with one this morning twice and the much newer Beemer lost out both times. Just to add insult to injury I wiped the dirt of my wing mirror after the first run, lol.

We had a brief chat after the second run and I reminded him that my old S3 was only a 1.8T.

Yep, APS map. Just had a major cambelt and haldex service done this week as well so the car is running really well.

Thinking about going to Bill's rolling road day next week as I have no idea what figures it's making and I've never been to RR session before, would be good to see how the APS map fairs against CC and Revo.

Anyone had a go at a Mk4 or Mk5 R32 in a Stage One S3?

I have a couple of times but just a quick blast in gaps in traffic. R32 seems to get away quicker out of corners (no spool time!) but the S3 seems to start reeling them back in when on boost. Never had a long enough stretch of traffic-free roads to see what the real outcome would be!

Well I was just driving down this 40mph stretch of road with 2/3 lanes and this 330ci comes up behind undertaking people and pulls in behind me. So naturally I floor it and start to pull away but with lights up ahead and traffic building I ease off and begin to brake, meanwhile the bmw catches up still gunning it and tries to undertake me without looking so he pulls in to the slower lane thinking it's clear only to slam the brakes on as there is another car there going the speed limit, I just look at him like 'you ****' smiling to myself whilst he looks back with a look of anger on his face. I put the window down and reminded him there's a burger king off to the left where he can go change his pants. Classic.

lol, no point having a willy if you cant wave it about...;)

Had a go with my mates Integra Type R DC5 on a private road, from the off I can take him every time but when we get going he just comes back and passes me and gain's, I just cant keep up with him. Mine is standard though AMK 210 S3 but should I be able to take him or are the ITR's generally quicker.

Had a go with my mates Integra Type R DC5 on a private road, from the off I can take him every time but when we get going he just comes back and passes me and gain's, I just cant keep up with him. Mine is standard though AMK 210 S3 but should I be able to take him or are the ITR's generally quicker.
its a lighter car so imagine it should be fairly even. your torque and 4wd will beat it up to a point. he has to make his engine scream to go anywhere.

DC5 is 225PS, they weight less, so not surprising it will pull away from you on the move, get yours remapped and say goodbye! :racer:

I had a run in with a Lupo this morning that was keeping up with me!!! oh yeah ... it was Bill's 300+bhp 960kg monster Lupo.... I need more power LOL

<tuffty/>

So how would a standard 210bhp S3 get on against a Honda Civic Type R then.

They are all 6cyl.

The Japs were 4cyld. the UK ones were 6cyl i think...

I had a little play around with my mates focus ST. Bearing in mind i was running FWD in my S3 and spinning up to 3rd lol. We was on the motorway (i was actually in cruise control) when he passed me and put his hazards on.. thats a big no no! Left it in 6th and just planted my foot, caught him got off to a slip road where i thought mmm i'll stay behind him because i want to see if he can pull away and for the fact that i only had that car for 3 days, i didnt want to be a hero and push it! But i stayed to what i felt comfortable with and i had him in everyway even overtook and comfortably pulled away! I am stage 1 and he isnt remapped but tbf he didnt like the fact that that happened. Now everytime is see him my face looks like this ---> :D

Last edited:
Westy how can your stage 1 s3 not have destroyed a mk5 r32, ive destroyed 2 in my 0.5 stage s3 haha, both young boy racers driving them who thought they could drive, also wipped a s200 last week, around the bends and onto a straight, sounded ****e aswell and he had a full stainless system.

The Japs were 4cyld. the UK ones were 6cyl i think...

I had a little play around with my mates focus ST. Bearing in mind i was running FWD in my S3 and spinning up to 3rd lol. We was on the motorway (i was actually in cruise control) when he passed me and put his hazards on.. thats a big no no! Left it in 6th and just planted my foot, caught him got off to a slip road where i thought mmm i'll stay behind him because i want to see if he can pull away and for the fact that i only had that car for 3 days, i didnt want to be a hero and push it! But i stayed to what i felt comfortable with and i had him in everyway even overtook and comfortably pulled away! I am stage 1 and he isnt remapped but tbf he didnt like the fact that that happened. Now everytime is see him my face looks like this ---> :D
my girlfriend has a focus ST and sodo 2 of my mates (common lol, but i do like them), and i have an s3 on standard map and im glued to them, they've never pulled away. although,i think they have better top end pull, and they have great amount of torque so they feel strong to drive.

my girlfriend has a focus ST and sodo 2 of my mates (common lol, but i do like them), and i have an s3 on standard map and im glued to them, they've never pulled away. although,i think they have better top end pull, and they have great amount of torque so they feel strong to drive.

They are nice cars, i do like them! I reckon with a remap they would be quite beastly! I reckon when i have my haldex working It would be much better because when we was at the roundabout i was just spinning! not to mention i did have 5 people (inc me) in the car and he had 4!

They are nice cars, i do like them! I reckon with a remap they would be quite beastly! I reckon when i have my haldex working It would be much better because when we was at the roundabout i was just spinning! not to mention i did have 5 people (inc me) in the car and he had 4!
Yeh tuned they are great engines, just a shame its fwd. I think me and my gf are gonna do little bits to hers. With a remap they have about same power as s3 st1 (260ish) but they have 320lbs of torque, which is epic.

nice to see my thread has been revived !!!!

just a quick story an update from my clash with the c55 AMG kompressor as previously posted

the c55 driver danny calls me up for a rematch but hell be driving his old man's 480bhp sierra rs500 cosworth!!!
i was convinced he was gonna blow me away so we went for a blast down a 3 laned private road!! lol
we were neck and neck right up to 150 and then i started to pull away when we pulled up after for a chat he said he still doesnt believe my cars only 350 bhp and his car was too hard to handle in the corners at high speed and thats why he backed off, while mine feels so planted i could have done another 20mph and still handled it!

Today A3 v m3 e46 = got my **** handed to me :) was fun tho.

camscockle20vT:1399942 said:
Today A3 v m3 e46 = got my **** handed to me :) was fun tho.

are you mapped? m3's don't go nowhere with me. always a good laugh though

are you mapped? m3's don't go nowhere with me. always a good laugh though

No dude, standard form, he had the traction kick in around spitfire island so i had him there for a split second. Im in the process of selling my car so didnt wana write it off lol

And yup i love that tinny noise, not everyones cup of tea but i love it :)

Ive done more than my fair share of road races.
I have the "paper work " to go with it.
I got arrested after a race with a 2002 civic type R ( very good driver )and a DC3 integra type R
I was only runing a hybrid at the time with a phase 2 map. I nailed both cars the saw blue and the helicopter turned up...
Not big or clever.
Alot of these "meetings" are decided more by the drivers than the cars...

Ive done more than my fair share of road races.
I have the "paper work " to go with it.
I got arrested after a race with a 2002 civic type R ( very good driver )and a DC3 integra type R
I was only runing a hybrid at the time with a phase 2 map. I nailed both cars the saw blue and the helicopter turned up...
Not big or clever.
Alot of these "meetings" are decided more by the drivers than the cars...
HOOLIGAN! :)

Vey much so. !
I wouldnt do it again, Alot of the time i was defending the Audi name as it was rubbished by most of the JAP fans,

Yeh tuned they are great engines, just a shame its fwd. I think me and my gf are gonna do little bits to hers. With a remap they have about same power as s3 st1 (260ish) but they have 320lbs of torque, which is epic.

They do have good engines, let alone the sound they make!!

Cars ive beeten but not by alot,Mates skyline r33 gts (290bhp),mates astra gsi (261 bhp) mates integra dc2 201bhp mates integra dc5 (230bhp). I think its time for more power,theres a focus rs around my area that would take some beeting its running 450bhp and sounds amazing!

Cars ive beeten but not by alot,Mates skyline r33 gts (290bhp),mates astra gsi (261 bhp) mates integra dc2 201bhp mates integra dc5 (230bhp). I think its time for more power,theres a focus rs around my area that would take some beeting its running 450bhp and sounds amazing!
I would just laugh at the driver for his lack of imagination and originality. People buy ford because their Dad's had fords, they in turn only bought a ford because their fathers had fords - and so the cycle continues.

had a few beatings from alot faster cars trying to race an r8 just because i love the noise they make always puts a smile on your face when you wind the windows down get up behind one and they think pfft whats he doing then Borrpp of it goes :p

a 335i flew up behind me coming off a round about, i though whos this right go dropped it down a gear, kept looking in my mirror thinking wow hes still touching my bumper pulled over to let him past and he opened it up the noise was awesome, soon as i got to work googled it and it turned out he had twice the turbos and twice the BHP.

how many of you lot what to give a standard (not even a remap) rs4 a run for its money?

Status
Not open for further replies.