1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 8VFL 310PS Tuning no TD1 Flags

Andy Penfold Jul 26, 2017

1. Andy Penfold

Andy Penfold New Member

Hi all,

I know this has been thrown around the forum time and time again but I'm still left with different answers.

I have just got my S3 8VFL and I want to look at a stage 1 map. however I understand if we go down the Revo route it will cause a TD1 flag that cannot be removed. I have seen other options like a DTUK box but it appears there has been issues with the S-tronic clutches slipping as the boxes cannot control the max torque.

so, what tuning can I do that can be restored so I do not void warranty claims.

all advice welcome.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Forbzeeee

Forbzeeee Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Team Sepang Audi S3

I went with Revo Stage 1 and have had that for around 15k miles. Car has been in for a 2 services and no TD1. I am now running Revo Stage 2

4. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

Servicing isn't a warranty claim , they are taking money from you...

5. ollie2013uk

ollie2013uk Active Member VCDS Map User

Is there anymore news on this? I've been looking at an APR stage 1 along with there TCU upgrade

6. ASRman

ASRman Active Member

Also interested to hear more about this . specifically how warranty safe it is reflashing back to stock after having a stage 1 tune . Seems some tuners are quite confident it's undetectable whilst others (Revo etc ) seem more cautious