Facelift S3 8V upgrades!

Bit harsh response to the OP.

Lots of people on here have modded their car, with little criticism from others. Why did they buy an S3, and not save up for something else?

Think the usual mods are:-
Stage 1 map
Air intake
Peddle box
Coilovers
new exhaust.

Same mods will be applicable to all Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Ford etc. Where there are cars, people will mod. Even those who can afford the most expensive cars in the world will still mod.
True but if you read what the OP said (think it was along the lines of she didn't like how it felt, drove or responded) then it's fair comment. Also the OP hasn't actually come back at all, so bit of a weird one in my opinion. Hey ho.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bit harsh response to the OP.

Lots of people on here have modded their car, with little criticism from others. Why did they buy an S3, and not save up for something else?

Think the usual mods are:-
Stage 1 map
Air intake
Peddle box
Coilovers
new exhaust.

Same mods will be applicable to all Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Ford etc. Where there are cars, people will mod. Even those who can afford the most expensive cars in the world will still mod.
You are probably quoting me... there may be a good reason but I don't understand why anyone would buy an S3 and then be critical of the way it drives and feels and responds. Surely she has bought the wrong car. Several of us just pointed out the downsides of modifying a nearly new car. Aren't you the guy who made me a cheeky offer on my RS3 earlier in the year??

True but if you read what the OP said (think it was along the lines of she didn't like how it felt, drove or responded) then it's fair comment. Also the OP hasn't actually come back at all, so bit of a weird one in my opinion. Hey ho.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I might have read it differently to you though. She said "i mean like making the car respond, feel & drive better".

No one on here is going to pretend the S3 is a great drivers car. For me, that is a stage 1 map or peddle box, to make it respond better. Coilovers and stickier tyres to make is feel more tied down. And those mods together will (for some) make the car drive better.

Personally, I think the S3 is a car shouting out to be modded. It's fairly numb and soft in standard form. But most of us buy the S3 as it's a great all rounder. Jack of all trades, but a master of none.

The only car I've modded was my old Subaru Impreza STI. Nothing wrong with the car in standard form, but it always felt like it could be improved. So I went for the Prodrive performance Pack (ECU and warranty safe), the prodrive lowering springs, and upgrade and larger Prodrive PFF7 alloys with some Michelin PS tyres. All mods combined they nicely transformed the car into something that responded better, felt better to drive, and overall made it a better drive. Pretty much what the OP is requiring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kondax and Damo S
You are probably quoting me... there may be a good reason but I don't understand why anyone would buy an S3 and then be critical of the way it drives and feels and responds. Surely she has bought the wrong car. Several of us just pointed out the downsides of modifying a nearly new car. Aren't you the guy who made me a cheeky offer on my RS3 earlier in the year??

No. wasn't me.

modded mine in the past ( and her B5 QTS).
Haven' touched my old B6 ( yet ! ). Always told the Insurance company and have had little in the way of problems and premium increases. ( eg the B5 was also fitted with the bigger A6 brakes - as I'd done that they said no increase as I'd improved the performance AND brakes to cope with it...… yeah I reckon I was lucky as well ! )
Where I live and for the miles I actually drive now I can't honestly see much point in chipping the S3 ( hers anyway ! ) as the performance seems quite good:thumbs up: and there are too many idiots who either want to challenge you or driving like Miss Daisy ( no offence Miss Daisy)

Mines on PCP and has been "modded" but they are all things that are easy to remove anyway. Res delete will slide back in, have original chrome badges that will go back on, and can put my exhaust tips back to chrome if needed. Done nothing which affects my warranty or makes it difficult to revert back to stock.

Apart from voiding your exhaust warranty from the resonator back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk