S3 8V to RS3 8V - Who's done it?

15audis3

Reaction score
So.. with the facelift S3 out and delivery of a facelift RS3 likely a year away, I'm tempted to swap my S3 for a RS3. Especially as the value of my S3 is going down fast. I figure a 2017 RS3 will be 50K with options, and 367bhp is more than enough for uk roads.

For those that have upgraded, any regrets (costs aside)?

I've found a few decent cars, only thing is they have standard sports seats and not super sports seats like I currently have. Are they a must?

Thanks

Reactions: RS3 S.
The engine & exhaust sound alone provides a whole new dimension worth the upgrade alone IMO.

I went from S5 to RS3 and difference is night & day. Both cars are fast but the RS3 is savage quick and the real none fake sound is joyous.

Seats IMO depend on body shape ... Slim or slender & standard seats fine, larger or muscular physique & super sports seats provide good extra support especially around shoulder area.

Super sports seats of course look superb too.

So.. with the facelift S3 out and delivery of a facelift RS3 likely a year away, I'm tempted to swap my S3 for a RS3. Especially as the value of my S3 is going down fast. I figure a 2017 RS3 will be 50K with options, and 367bhp is more than enough for uk roads.

I've found a few decent cars, only thing is they have standard sports seats and not super sports seats like I currently have. Are they a must?

Thanks
It's 390hp, loads of us have logged similar on a RR.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jimojameso and Spaceman_RS3
I did exactly this, had an 8V S3. Bought it brand new and swapped it 6 weeks later for the RS3.

They're isn't a facelift RS3 in the pipeline as we all know, but there is a saloon for sure.

Upgrade - you won't regret it. It's a completely different car!

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Yorrick and Terminator x
I came from an 8V S3 and it's like night and day. However I had a 3 door manual so it's a bit more of a difference for me.

The car is addictive and you will not regret it at all.

Reactions: jimojameso

Thanks
The S3's residuals have risen lately and are holding very we indeed go for it...RS3 is awesome whenever that is.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I went from an S3 to a Focus ST to an RS3.

RS3 hands down best all around, fast, hatch that sounds stupidly amazing. Even moreso when you take those secondary cats out :)

I went from an 8P 2L TDI to an 8V RS3 - does this count?!
Did not know what I have been missing all these years!!

Thanks
......... keep thinking the same?. Would need to be the same spec as mine plus a Pano roof.

......... keep thinking the same?. Would need to be the same spec as mine plus a Pano roof.

Hope your willing to spend well over £53,000 easily for a high spec RS3 saloon..... It's extremely unlikely the cheaper RS3 Sportback will make a appearance at all now

Also meant to mention that I went for the standard seats and they are fine.

I just hated the diamond quilted section of the Sports seats. They were comfier to sit in though.

Hope your willing to spend well over £53,000 easily for a high spec RS3 saloon..... It's extremely unlikely the cheaper RS3 Sportback will make a appearance at all now
Cheaper and sounds better too if you listen to the 2017 Saloon hooning around the ring ;)

TX.