S3 8v to RS3 8v insurance difference

Spin140

Reaction score
Hi all
Fully understand all of the contributing factors to insurance quotes like area, use, age etc but was wondering what sort of hike any of you experienced over an upgrade from an S3?

Believe it or not my 8P RS3 brand new was cheaper than my S3 '10 plate SB BE. Putting the wife on the policy even though she ain't every getting in the driver seat makes a difference

Thanks for the reply think I'm having a wobble as collection due in next few weeks and not quite feeling it all I can say is discount needs to be good for me to go ahead so fishing for financial excuses
I'm fortunate that my order is a non commit nil deposit on a desire able spec therefore very deal dependant for me. All clouded by amazing deals on TTs coupe which I love the look of...

I traded in my S3 for my RS3 in December and paid £50 for a mid-term policy adjustment.

My insurance expires in October.

Cheers Grant I don't expect too much of a hike as lucky to be in a low risk area etc but have read the odd thread about trackers etc. Out of interest who are you with ?

Believe it or not my 8P RS3 brand new was cheaper than my S3 '10 plate SB BE. Putting the wife on the policy even though she ain't every getting in the driver seat makes a difference

Same here and the reasons given were low incidence of claims for the RS3 (lower numbers of, obviously) than the S3; however, that said, now with a few careless people putting an RS3 onto it's roof that may no longer be the case

Cheers Grant I don't expect too much of a hike as lucky to be in a low risk area etc but have read the odd thread about trackers etc. Out of interest who are you with ?
Insured with Admiral.

2011 S3 was with Swiftcover

Had 4 months left and they don't insure RS3s so had to cancel, get a part refund and went with Admiral.

2011 S3 was with Swiftcover

Had 4 months left and they don't insure RS3s so had to cancel, get a part refund and went with Admiral.
Admiral haven't called me back. They were a bit iffy about 'a friend' and a speed awareness course. They want to know apparently and I told them there was no legal requirement to declare such information. Any ideas if there is a database where such info is shared. I decided to do the course 2 years ago as I didn't want to challenge the evidence but was assured it did not affect insurance and you did not have to tell them Admiral say you do... Any ideas?

If they ask and its in their wording that you should tell them and you don't if you have a claim and they find out could they use it against you and more to the point can you be ***** with the hassle?

This is for A1 with my 21 year old on Policy. Admiral 478 others 650+ But can't be *****