S3 8V Spacers

Deezer-D

Reaction score
Anyone fitted 11 / 16mm combination on an S3 with the standard 18” wheels? Any pics? I have these sizes in the shed that I bought for my Golf R but never fitted.
From reading up on here 15 / 20mm seems the go-to combo. I could buy a set of 20mm for the rear and use the 16s on the front but I’d need to get more extended bolts and my lockers (McGards) are 42mm so I’d need new lockers too.
I’ve ordered an Eibach Pro Kit so I’ll be lowered by about 10mm when fitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I heard from Revolution in newcatle that most people go for 12mm all round. I dont have an s3 but do have the 8V A3 and i am goin for 15mm on the rear and 12mm on fronts with standard wheel

I personally like the extra ofset on the rear gives it a nicer look in my opinion

Reactions: Deezer-D
I’m 16mm front and 20mm rear forge spacers, running H&R springs. Had this set up for over 3 years and it’s spot on.

Think that’s the best one I have really.
0F3C448B 3CDF 4B07 B117 718C6015B54E

Think that’s the best one I have really.
View attachment 174728

Excellent, thanks.
I’ve bought a set of Eibach 20mm spacers for not bad money off eBay there. I’ve 40mm bolts for the 11s, 45mm bolts for the 16s so I’ll need to source some 50mm bolts for the 20s now as it looks like they’re easier to get than 47mm. 45 might be just a bit short (2mm?) for the 20s.
I’ve a set of 42mm McGards so I’ll need some 50mm ones now too.

Reactions: MikeParkin
@MikeParkin what lockers are you using? I can’t find any McGards in 50mm. I was going to buy 2 pairs of Bimmec lockers 45 and 50mm and just use 2 of each. I was thinking if I used the 50mm on the front with the 15s they might be too long?

20mm rear and 15mm up front on my saloon.

@MikeParkin what lockers are you using? I can’t find any McGards in 50mm. I was going to buy 2 pairs of Bimmec lockers 45 and 50mm and just use 2 of each. I was thinking if I used the 50mm on the front with the 15s they might be too long?

Why dont you just buy the longer set and cut two of the bolts down by 5mm? Save yourself some money

Don’t use lock nuts, if there going to take the wheels they will.

Reactions: Carl_S3 and Deezer-D
Don’t use lock nuts, if there going to take the wheels they will.

There is more chance of them taking the full car than the wheel these days :gun2:

Reactions: Deezer-D, AlS3BE and MikeParkin
I work in a scrap yard, all the cars have they're wheels removed and it takes the guys about 10 seconds to get past the lockers.

Reactions: Deezer-D and AlS3BE
19mm socket and a hammer and there off done it plenty of times.

They wouldn’t get my car believe me, I have big sleeves !

Reactions: Deezer-D, AlS3BE and Carl_S3
No lockers it is then!

Reactions: MikeParkin
Old thread.... Sorry
Im thinking of 15mm spacers on my standard 19" wheels on my S3.... Im not going lower it, will they still look ok?

Prices vary.... Which are the cheapest ones you guys are using without any issues?
40 or 45mm bolts?