S3 8V recovery - how to with auto box and no key?

briniuk

Reaction score
My S3 8v fl got stolen and is now with copart but it has no key and its auto - copart said they can lift it onto the truck but as its going to audi they said they dont have anything to lift it off with, neither do Audi apparently. Ive ordered the key from Audi so I want to get it there.

Does anyone know a recovery firm who can lift it off or how to actually do it? is there a gearbox release so it rolls?

My S3 8v fl got stolen and is now with copart but it has no key and its auto - copart said they can lift it onto the truck but as its going to audi they said they dont have anything to lift it off with, neither do Audi apparently. Ive ordered the key from Audi so I want to get it there.

Does anyone know a recovery firm who can lift it off or how to actually do it? is there a gearbox release so it rolls?
This might help?? Third post down :icon thumright:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/dsg-shift-lock-override.216418/

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and Jassyo06
You can tow it on a flatbed recovery truck. The person just needs to take time and be careful. Green flag have these wedges that they put under the wheels. To be safe, I would be there when they do it and wet the floor to reduce the traction. I have had it done with a non starter 4wd TT before. You will probably need to sign a waiver but its very doable.