Facelift S3 8V pre-facelift to facelift (front) conversion

FutureFit8V

Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents.

Long and the short is that I have recent accident damage to front of my (pre-Facelift) 2015 S3. Drove through a wall, for those wondering.
Wanting to take this opportunity to throw on some Facelift parts and turn the situation into a win.
Specifically I want to replace the front bumper and headlights with the Facelift versions.

I know there are dozens of threads on here discussing this topic loosely, but I've not seen any clear answers.

Question is: will the Facelift bumper + headlights fit on a pre-Facelift chassis without modification?

I've seen talk of the mounting points being the same across the FL and pre-FL. True?

Appreciate any answer or direction on the topic.

- C

Attachments

• 9ba4c1f4-6946-49b7-ac80-df9a200526ee.jpg
    9ba4c1f4-6946-49b7-ac80-df9a200526ee.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 195
Ouch!
I personally like the pre-facelift front but hey... it's a matter of personal preference.
Sorry, I'm not that helpful, all I can do for you is to say there is an Youtube channel where a bloke had a front damaged PFL S3 (I think) and he slapped an FL front on it. All I can remember is that the only issue he had was the wiring for the headlights. Here is the first vid on it.
Hope it helps.
Thx,

Dan

Ouch!
I personally like the pre-facelift front but hey... it's a matter of personal preference.
Sorry, I'm not that helpful, all I can do for you is to say there is an Youtube channel where a bloke had a front damaged PFL S3 (I think) and he slapped an FL front on it. All I can remember is that the only issue he had was the wiring for the headlights. Here is the first vid on it.
Hope it helps.
Thx,

Dan

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Specifically this part.

Thank you for the assist! I'll update this thread as the Facelift gets done.

- C

Reactions: DanZ
Front end certainly not simple change. Headlights need extra components and coding for Facelift.
Cant remember exactly but PreFacelift Headlight have range sensor/controller builtin and Facelift have it separate or The other way round
Rear end swap is much easier in comparison