S3 8v pops and bangs?

john71482

Reaction score
Hello guys!
I have a 2015 (65) Audi S3 with s-tronic!
I've seen a few videos recently of the new S3 piping and banging is this possible on mine!?

Hello guys!
I've seen a few videos recently of the new S3 piping and banging is this possible on mine!?
Nope. Different map used, yes you can remap but on an earlier car you may cause engine damage. Mine's mapped (MTM Cantronic), high flow intake setup, downpipe with sportcat and a turbo blanket and still don't get any!

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hello guys!
Use the search luke!

Search button at the top of the page, subject has a few threads already.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
It is possible! But as batch said you risk damage to the engine such as petrol soaking barrel and pistons, you would most likely destroy your cat if you're running one, I have a decat, and a mapping company has put a map that pops and bangs onto my car, however it's minimal and only at high revs, you would need some extra hardware on a pre-fl such an induction kit and and decat to make sure you allow as much as flow as possible for the explosions that cause the pops and bangs... however this is just my experience and I am by no means an expert on this stuff.. this is just what I've heard from people more versed in the subject

Duplicate thread!

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Mark_86