S3 8V (2017) facelift drivers side headlight repair/replace?

chrisrs180

Reaction score
Dear guys & gals,

I know that basically I will likely require an entire headlight replacement and the chances of picking up a 2nd hand one in acceptable condition are slim to none.

I have a crack in the edge of the headlight and an "Audi Adaptive headlight error". The LED strip is working but none of the modules are lighting up any more.

Is there any way out of this without a doomsday full headlight and all modules scenario?

The part I would require is:

8VO 941 034 D

I'm not too sure what the module part numbers would be or if some/all/any would need replacing.

Any advice much appreciated,

Cheers

Chris

IMG 20210630 141507 868

img_20210630_141501_824-jpg.240612

Attachments

• IMG_20210630_141501_824.jpg
    IMG_20210630_141501_824.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 813
Hi
Check this link
That’s the wrong headlight to the op. OP has the led headlight not xenon. Projector is square on led and round on xenon.
Dear guys & gals,

I know that basically I will likely require an entire headlight replacement and the chances of picking up a 2nd hand one in acceptable condition are slim to none.

I have a crack in the edge of the headlight and an "Audi Adaptive headlight error". The LED strip is working but none of the modules are lighting up any more.

Is there any way out of this without a doomsday full headlight and all modules scenario?

The part I would require is:

8VO 941 034 D

I'm not too sure what the module part numbers would be or if some/all/any would need replacing.

Any advice much appreciated,

Cheers

Chris

View attachment 240611
img_20210630_141501_824-jpg.240612

it’s a headlight out, I think bumper off job, and let it dry and see if everything stills work. Condensation/water might have fried the bulbs or ballasts or both. Not cheap for a new one. Best bet is find a good second hand one.

Reactions: Audi-Sport-Driver
That’s the wrong headlight to the op. OP has the led headlight not xenon. Projector is square on led and round on xenon.

it’s a headlight out, I think bumper off job, and let it dry and see if everything stills work. Condensation/water might have fried the bulbs or ballasts or both. Not cheap for a new one. Best bet is find a good second hand one.
Yeah that's pretty much what I figured.

I will try and take it to my local VAG approved independent and see what they make of it.

The modules were working for a while but soon went (likely as the water set in).

Fingers crossed it could be a case of re-sealing and replacing all the modules rather than the entire headlight shell/surround.

I'm still researching it but some say it can be sealed/re-gassed successfully and some say it can't . . . . mostly say it can't to be fair.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah that's pretty much what I figured.

I will try and take it to my local VAG approved independent and see what they make of it.

The modules were working for a while but soon went (likely as the water set in).

Fingers crossed it could be a case of re-sealing and replacing all the modules rather than the entire headlight shell/surround.

I'm still researching it but some say it can be sealed/re-gassed successfully and some say it can't . . . . mostly say it can't to be fair.

Thanks for the reply.

maybe liquid plastic or plastic welding might help seal it properly but will still have to come out and dried first. Think these are designed to be a sealed unit for life which means no serviceable parts like bulbs. The ballast/modules are separate but the headlight itself and bulbs/drl are all 1 piece as far as I know. My a6 was the same, started leaking and replaced under warranty.

Can I ask where you got the part number from, as it does not appear to be listed in etka. Never mind found it the third letter should be a zero not the letter O. So that part number is obsolete and and the replacement is 8V0 941 774 D (May give you more scope on an ebay search.

The price from Audi for 8V0 941 774 D is approx £1374.00.... Also that does not include the two control units @ £183 & £135 :blink:

Last edited: