S3 8P replacement opinions

Mike.M

Reaction score
What do people think of the S3 8P as a replacement to the A4 B6 as toying with getting one.....from our perspective. It would be a early 07/08 one, but would mod it obviously.

Not sure how much I would get for mine either.

For me there is just too many of them, personally if I were staying Audi I would look at a S4

My son used to own my2.5tdiQ and now has an S3 heavily moded to about260bhp.I have driven it several times and its a big change much more of a challenge if that's what you want

That must be a 8L S3 to get 260 as the 8P is 260 standard and a map takes it to 300 ish

I have had the 8L S3 with a simple remap hit 270 from the standard 225......I miss it but had one hence the 8P.

If I was to change it would need to be a complete model change

Hi Mike, I have no idea what b6 u have but what don't u like about it? Or what is it not doing for u what it's supposed to be doing?

Getting bored after 3 years and done everything to it.......new project basically and the S3 appeals to me again

The 8L S3 went fot the same reasons.........S4 would be way too thirsty. My mates avgs 10-15 mpg.

Just venting my thoughts and may keep it until summer but keep my eyes out.

...S4 would be way too thirsty. My mates avgs 10-15 mpg.

It depends how you drive. That sort of return sounds like purely town driving, which the S4 is just not meant for.

Motorways, A-roads or any area not filled with traffic or traffic lights should see more like late teens to early twenties. Higher on sustained 6th gear journeys.