S3 8P Rear Wiper Fault

Qmaru

Reaction score
Hi good morning all,

I am a new owner and user to the website and I have an issue. My rear wiper does not wipe correctly and gets stuck about halfway each time, is this a motor fault? Also, the rear wiper will not spray, do I check by removing the boot area cover? Not much of a DIY car mechanic so apologies if I sound like a noob.

Thanks, Q

You need a new wiper motor and tool to remove the wiper arm. Around £70 for the parts.

Cheers for the info. Are those cost prices from Audi or online?

I made a video on how to fix this. You can repair it fairly simply...

Reactions: Marek196c
see that we got professional youtubers here ;) anyway to pop out the tailgate plastic, there are 2 t20 or t25 screws then pull it. that's all for wiper motor are 3 10mm bolts, and for wiper itself (outside) is 13mm or 12mm nut. to get off the wiper, just pull it (need to get some real force sometimes cuz is hard to get it off)

Cheers for the info gents. I'll give it ago, otherwise I think ill get my handyman mate to do it for me :laughing:

Cheers for the info gents. I'll give it ago, otherwise I think ill get my handyman mate to do it for me :laughing:

If you're anywhere near Huddersfield I'll do it for you if you're stuck

few people are from manchester here, check on vcds map and if you want try to ask them a hand if needed.