S3 8P race

nickatkinson

Reaction score
This was on one of Manchesters many private roads by the way....

Basically an 8p absolutely anhialated my new 8V. I mean literally 2 car lengths ahead by 50mph and no signs of slowing.

First test of the car......FAILED.

Where's the nearest remap place to Manchester?

Nick, don't worry about it. My new S3 is slower than my modded S3 8p and for that reason I will not even attempt to race an 8P as I would hate to lose!!!

I've heard good things about Rick and Unicorn and I will be opting for a remap once I have some kind of resolution regarding my turbo issue.

It depends on what the other car has had done to it! For all you know he may have spent thousands on mods to make it faster, in which case 2 car lengths isn't a great deal. If you spent the same on mods it may turn out that you were quicker.

There's always Awesome Gti if you fancy the APR route

Are you S-tronic?
Without launch control but in S?

(That's a slow start compared to a manual)

Thanks all. Yup haven't sussed launch control yet...and I agree it was defo modded so wasn't too upset...

It was a lovely car actually lowered nicely and recently detailed...better nick than mine at the moment.

I will probably leave it for a little while now I am over the initial shock and do some research. Sure I could spend s few weeks on here.

How much different does it feel with a remap? I know it depends which one, but in my RS it completely changed the car.

if a apr stage 1 on an 8p gives 239kw (320 hp) and 430nm (317lb-ft.), why are we surprised that we might get done by a 8P S3, I used to have fun in my GTI stage 1 surprising a few Golf Rs.............;)