S3 8P poor running after remap

Monty1987

Reaction score
Hi everyone

First post Virgin here. I recently got my s3 8p remapped . On cold start up it misfires and runs like **** . Found fault code for coil pack and replaced 2 of them . Spark plugs cleaned up as they looked ok checked gap etc . This only happens on cold start up once been running couple of mins it's fine . I also noticed the mpg decreases constantly when sitting waiting on it getting a little heat in the engine is that normal ? Hope someone can help

Thanks guys

What map do you have and how who did it? I would be taking it back to them.

Welcome to ASN.

You've already checked and replaced the coilpacks.
Plugs are the next offender,and although you've had a look at them,I would change them.

MPG is measured from the last run,and as you sit waiting,it will drop,and that's normal.

As above,I would take it to the place that mapped it for you and get it looked over.

Reactions: saq85
Thanks for the replys

It's just a stage 1 . Was done by angel tunning . It's now been 5 weeks since I got it done as I work offshore and not long home .will try replacing the other 2 coils and the plugs

Thanks for the replys

It's just a stage 1 . Was done by angel tunning . It's now been 5 weeks since I got it done as I work offshore and not long home .will try replacing the other 2 coils and the plugs

Usually those are the things that are shown up by a remap.

Audi have a service interval on plugs that is way too long,and I usually change them every 5-10k miles.

Plugs often don't show up as error codes.

Agreed for the price of plugs it's shocking how long Audi leave it , got mine at 64K and they had never been changed full Audi history too

IMO A remap will always show up problems not really apparent or obvious on an unmapped car, basically you are running the engine at its limits and unless everything is spot on you will have problems.
Also what they don't tell you is that unless you run it on high octane fuel expect some pinking or knocking and hesitation sometimes when accelerating hard because the knock sensor cuts in to prevent damage to the engine. Have fun :nogarors4:

IMO A remap will always show up problems not really apparent or obvious on an unmapped car, basically you are running the engine at its limits and unless everything is spot on you will have problems.
Also what they don't tell you is that unless you run it on high octane fuel expect some pinking or knocking and hesitation sometimes when accelerating hard because the knock sensor cuts in to prevent damage to the engine. Have fun :nogarors4:
Agreed on most but stage 1 is no where near the engine limits

Agreed on most but stage 1 is no where near the engine limits

I was going to say the same,but you beat me to it!

Also,it won't knock precisely because the knock sensors and ECU will prevent that,especially with lower RON fuels.
What will happen is that the ECU will pull back timing and boost,and the car will not produce the power it could with a higher RON fuel.

Reactions: Smirky
Hey guys, I think you misunderstood me, I never said maxed out, I meant at its limits with what equipment the engine has available if its just a standard car.
I've seen a 2.5 litre volvo t5 engine have 750 bhp squeezed out of it, that's maxed! :salute: peace!

Hey guys, I think you misunderstood me, I never said maxed out, I meant at its limits with what equipment the engine has available if its just a standard car.
I've seen a 2.5 litre volvo t5 engine have 750 bhp squeezed out of it, that's maxed! :salute: peace!

That makes better sense.
I've seen a 2.0L VAG TFSI with over 600bhp squeezed out of it,and doing just fine...

Reactions: saq85 and Smirky