S3 8p on coilovers

Gavin_s3

Reaction score
Running AP coilovers which I have 3 threads left on the front and 2 on the back. Anyone thinking of getting some I say do it brilliant for the price.
Thinking about adjusting them all the way down but I've noticed i sometimes get rubbing on the rear when cornering hard or when I've got people in the back.
How are people getting around this?
Arches rolled?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Have you removed the arch screw that holds the liner?
I had a small amount of rubbing until I removed it from either side

Reactions: Gavin_s3
Have you removed the arch screw that holds the liner?
I had a small amount of rubbing until I removed it from either side

Not yet, I did read this the other day I'll give it a try. I'll be very surprised if removing that screw will cure the problem altogether if I wind them all the way down.

Also depends on wheel width et & tyre sizes
Mines on AP coilovers also
19" et50 8j with 225x35x19 tyres
No rubbing after screw removal
5c5f2451f3022a20c3bb77e8f419e6b3.jpg

Reactions: Ollie2014 and Gavin_s3
IMG 9149
Mine is on rotors, 225/45/18.

Nice :yes: is your coilovers wound all the way down?

This is the exhaust GavinS3

Im on AP coilover wound all the way down with 12.5mm spacers on the back i took the arch screw out and ive not had a probem with rubbing since. However if i have 4 on the car its a different matter

Im on AP coilover wound all the way down with 12.5mm spacers on the back i took the arch screw out and ive not had a probem with rubbing since. However if i have 4 on the car its a different matter

Ok mate I guessed that might cause an issue. Surely the only way around this is rolling the arches? That's what people must do using air ride.
Have you got a picture of your car?

Yeah arch rolling is probably your best option however i rarely have more than 2 in the car so im not worried about it

Attachments

• IMG_9645.PNG
    IMG_9645.PNG
    886 KB · Views: 336
Looks sweet. Try get a side on view if you can mate difficult to tell from that camera angle.

I've seen that before, love the wheels!
How are you getting around the rubbing?
I find under hard cornering I get rubbing or when I've got people in the back :puke2:

Reactions: smurfworth
I've seen that before, love the wheels!
How are you getting around the rubbing?
I find under hard cornering I get rubbing or when I've got people in the back :puke2:

Taken the screw out the rear arches, you could add some negative camber to the rear if it's a big problem