S3 8p milltek 3" downpipe

Ben shults

Reaction score
Got myself a 3" downpipe and sports car, fitting today has anyone had fitment issues with it hitting the prop shaft?

Shouldn't hit it, leaves about 1/4 inch space

What sports car did you buy ????:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: TorqueTerrorist
This is a terrible picture,but goes back to when I did have a Milltek on the car....

There is so little room,but it does clear everything....just.

Mine sits so much closer than that, any idea what part number yours is?

Mine sits so much closer than that, any idea what part number yours is?

Afraid not....it shouldn't sit closer than that,so you need to find out what's wrong I would say.

Is stage 2+ fine with just the downpipe or do you need the full exhaust?

I'm led to believe full system is require as cat back is also restictive

Is stage 2+ fine with just the downpipe or do you need the full exhaust?

As above...full system is advisable for Stg2+ and above.

Reactions: Allman45
Ive had mine on about a month now and not had any fitment issues, but it is pretty close to the hub on the transfer box

Ive had mine on about a month now and not had any fitment issues, but it is pretty close to the hub on the transfer box

Close is about right....there is so little room left in there,that everything gets very tight.

I've never had problems with either the Milltek downpipe,or Nortech system that I have now,but the clearance between downpipe,transfer case,prop shaft coupling and turbo is not large at the best of times.

Close is about right....there is so little room left in there,that everything gets very tight.

I've never had problems with either the Milltek downpipe,or Nortech system that I have now,but the clearance between downpipe,transfer case,prop shaft coupling and turbo is not large at the best of times.

Very tight indeed. The prop is certainly a pain, did my downpipe one weekend and one on a mates Leon cupra the weekend after and there's so much more room

Very tight indeed. The prop is certainly a pain, did my downpipe one weekend and one on a mates Leon cupra the weekend after and there's so much more room

The extra room from no prop shaft!

I think the transfer case adds problems as well,and we had a lot of trouble fitting the 3582 to my car,in trying to get any sort of clearance at all,but eventually got around it.