S3 8p leather seats, what are they worth?

Daveyonthemove

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my current (3 door) Full leather S3 8P front and rear seats and was wondering what people think they may be worth?
They are the full black leather with dimple/golf ball effect and in pretty good condition with no tears or scuffs, but age related signs of wear on the side bolsters. Fronts are heated and fully working. Both recline for passengers as they should.
I've attached a photo I have found online as I don't have any interior photos on my phone and I don't use my car to commute so it's dark when i leave and arrive home.
Any suggestions on an asking price?
Audi S3 8P black perforated 3 door heated

I payed £550 for a set for my sportback not too long ago. inc were front's (full electric heated with lumbar) rears +4 door cards All in really excellent condition. Price may of been on the high side but i'm a little anal and wanted the best i could find, it also took a while.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
That's good to know, thanks.
I wouldn't be selling the door cards but the seats alone should be worth £350-400 maybe?

What seats are you thinking of changing to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some 'S line' part leather/alcantara seats.
I'm not a huge fan of sitting on leather for too long, so a part leather seat will be more comfortable for the distances I usually drive.

Reactions: aqibi2000
Some 'S line' part leather/alcantara seats.
I'm not a huge fan of sitting on leather for too long, so a part leather seat will be more comfortable for the distances I usually drive.

Fair enough mate, I’d seen someone say before they wanted the S5 bucket seats.
Mates dads got the part leather/alcantra in his S3, can you not find any actually S3 ones instead of s-line

Mine are S3 seats. I don't think they do a part leather S3 option, I've only seen the ones I have or full leather (without the perforation effect) with Black, Cream or Red center panels.

Mine are S3 seats. I don't think they do a part leather S3 option, I've only seen the ones I have or full leather (without the perforation effect) with Black, Cream or Red center panels.

My mates dad has got half leather/alcantra, he wouldn’t go to the effort of changing seats and the original owner kept it in a barn so guessing the interior is standard. Also saw a few for sale with those seats before I bought mine

My mates dad has got half leather/alcantra, he wouldn’t go to the effort of changing seats and the original owner kept it in a barn so guessing the interior is standard. Also saw a few for sale with those seats before I bought mine

Interesting, I haven't seen that option on any of the hundreds I looked at online or at used car dealers.
Maybe it wasn't a common option on the S3 as most people like a leather interior.

Interesting, I haven't seen that option on any of the hundreds I looked at online or at used car dealers.
Maybe it wasn't a common option on the S3 as most people like a leather interior.

That’s probably most likely mate, think I’ve only seen less than 10 with them seats, maybe speak to some breakers they might have what you’re after for a good price

That’s probably most likely mate, think I’ve only seen less than 10 with them seats, maybe speak to some breakers they might have what you’re after for a good price

I kind of have the S-line seats as my GF is sneaky and went and bought them behind my back yesterday, I found out a few mins ago.
I'm more than happy with that as i like the look of them and if the part leather S3 seats are rare, I'll struggle to find them or get them for a price i'm happy with.
Weather depending, I'll be swapping them over on Friday and listing the S3 seats for sale.

Reactions: Bryant1998
Mine are S-Line ones as standard, they look exactly like the S3 seats but with "S-Line" stamped into the leather across the shoulder area. Only the bottom centre panel and part of the back rest (lower back) is heavy duty black weave like tough para-cord type material, really comfy. Otherwise they are fully leather and identical in shape and everything to the S3 ones.

The ones I found don't have the S-line logo on them, but they have come from an S-line car.
So they might even be different seat fitted to the S-line that they are have been removed from. I'll find out more on Friday when I plan to get them cleaned up and fitted.

Reactions: Bryant1998
I might be looking for seats but if I need I will PM you

You can fix bolsters that look shabby with:-

Clean cloth
Paint thinner
Black spray paint

Put some thinners on the cloth, then spray some of the black paint on the cloth, then run it gently on the side bolster. When it's dry, protect with leather treatment etc.

Saw it on YouTube a while back, it just blends existing leather pigment with the black paint and fixes the appearance.

I might be looking for seats but if I need I will PM you
No problem. Just bear in mind that I am in Oxfordshire and as these will be stored at my partners house, I don't expect her to struggle with postage etc. I'd prefer a collection over a postage buyer, even if they sell for a bit less. Just so you know in advance.

You can fix bolsters that look shabby with:-

Clean cloth
Paint thinner
Black spray paint

Put some thinners on the cloth, then spray some of the black paint on the cloth, then run it gently on the side bolster. When it's dry, protect with leather treatment etc.

Saw it on YouTube a while back, it just blends existing leather pigment with the black paint and fixes the appearance.
Mine aren't that bad, so hopefully that won't be needed but it's good to know so thanks for the info.

No problem. Just bear in mind that I am in Oxfordshire and as these will be stored at my partners house, I don't expect her to struggle with postage etc. I'd prefer a collection over a postage buyer, even if they sell for a bit less. Just so you know in advance.

Mine aren't that bad, so hopefully that won't be needed but it's good to know so thanks for the info.
Cheers for the info + fully understand so will just leave them be

These are the same as mine, I love them...

1480005529_IMG_0083.jpg

I could be interested in a drivers side. My heated seat stopped working, and everything so far points to element in the seat gone. I’m the other side of Newbury, so collection is not a problem should you want to split the pair up.

Would it not be better to try andstore your existing seats somewhere as you could take a hit when you try to sell the car if the interior is not standard.

Reactions: Mark A Greenwood
Would it not be better to try andstore your existing seats somewhere as you could take a hit when you try to sell the car if the interior is not standard.
Good point. What sort of money to restore, including the heating element?

I could be interested in a drivers side. My heated seat stopped working, and everything so far points to element in the seat gone. I’m the other side of Newbury, so collection is not a problem should you want to split the pair up.

To be honest, I'd rather they sell as a complete set as I think people wanting to change their interior are more likely to want a full set, and the most common seat to fail will be drivers seat as it's used the most meaning I'll increase my chances of being stuck with the others.

I know what your saying, but it's already a 12 year old car and it's probably going to be a car I keep going until it fails, at which point it will be stripped for parts anyway so it won't matter. Plenty of people prefer a part leather seat, so it may actually make it rarer and worth more to leave them in if I do decide to sell it.
Either way, I'll be selling the S3 seats in the very near future.

Reactions: Mark A Greenwood
So, the seat swap went quite well. The full leather seats are out, and the part leather seats are in.
I got very lucky with these seats as they are exactly what I was after and they were professionally by the sellers wife who is a car valeter by trade, so they are immaculate.
The only set back was the 'new' seats not having the airbag plug fitted, we think the previous owner must have cut them off some reason.
We did remove these plugs from my old seats and fitted them to the replacements and everything works fine, so a set of new plugs have been sourced and will be fitted this week.
Once the plugs are fitted, the seats will be for sale as complete package (both fronts and rear) so PM me if you are interested.
Old vs New: Photos taken during snowfall so they may look marked, but that is snow falling as the photo was taken.
Rsz img 20190201 092028

Rsz img 20190201 140010

Reactions: samuelh_888