Greggs3

Reaction score
Hello I’m new to the forum as a member,this may of been asked before and I apologise in advance if so. So my 2007 Audi s3 has this problem were sumtimes not all the time it will decide to stick in first,and you have to literally force it into second. This normally happens I’ve i pull away and stay at about 2/3000 rpm for a second or two,I’ve i floor it in first it will change fine nine times out of ten. Also when I change any given gear the revs seem to hold at that certain point for a second before starting to drop to idle. The car also doesn’t like to come down through the gears eg braking with gears,it hesitates before allowing a gear selection?and won’t allow you to select 1st gear until basically at a stand still? The car is running revo software at 328bhp and 350ft, the guy I bought it from last year claimed it had a updated clutch no proof. So should I buy a Sachs performance clutch,or try gearbox oil, gear synchros? and dog bone mount first? Or is this not clutch related and more gearbox? Hopefully not! Thanks for reply’s.

you might have a gearbox oil leak somewhere and getting a vacuum.
Or a sensor is failing.

Reactions: Greggs3
Update.. Had new gearbox oil,and lower dogbone mount bush done last week.. The gears seem smoother and coming down the box is a lot better not perfect though. The car still tends to stick in 1st as I pull away and hover around 1500-2500 revs? Could this be gear synchros or selector fork for 1st to 2nd iv read abit about? Or new clutch or full gearbox rebuild??? Help please