S3 8p fuel pump cam follower

Joshua Ward

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post just bought a 61 plate S3, was just wondering if anyone knew the size, or where I can get one, of the jubilee clips for the rubber hose that feeds underneath the follower assembly. (Also ive seen that some of be VAG cars that have this engine has a bolt there instead haven't checked so info would be amazing )

Your car will have the short flexible hose and not the banjo bolt. That was found on early AXX engines.
Do not use a jubilee clamp on petrol pipe, go to Audi and order the correct item. Too many stories of torn pipes with jubilee clamps

Okay thanks for the advice buddy I've popped them an email. I've got a PCV and the seal on order as well any other "peace of mind" wear and tear parts to look out for ?

Thanks in advance.

Your car will have the short flexible hose and not the banjo bolt. That was found on early AXX engines.
Do not use a jubilee clamp on petrol pipe, go to Audi and order the correct item. Too many stories of torn pipes with jubilee clamps

Sorry bud reply is above ^^^

I assume you have ordered a replacement cam follower for the fuel pump.
It would be worth checking out the diverter valve. The favoured replacement if you like oem has the part number ending in G. This is not the latest revision as it has a rubber diaphragm as the seal. They don’t last forever but seal well when working. The latest versions have a plastic piston in and can leak boost even from brand new.
Regarding spark plugs, NGK BKR7EIX are the aftermarket plugs of choice for standard or tuned engines.
It would be worth getting a full service done on your car and check the service book carefully that everything has been done at the correct intervals.

Check your dip stick is Yellow not Orange as the rubber O'ring on the Orange one perishes quickly and usually causes a leak , Audi again can supply

Check your dip stick is Yellow not Orange as the rubber O'ring on the Orange one perishes quickly and usually causes a leak , Audi again can supply

The yellow dipstick tube is also available from Audi for about £7.00.

Just call your dealership and get them to put you through to parts and just explain your wanting yellow dipstick plus the yellow tube and they will give you a price , they will probably want your Reg too

See if you can get spring loaded clips like the ones you should see on the hose on the DV valve