S3 8P Ferodo DS2500 Front Brake Pads

david_phillips95

Reaction score
Looking to replace my front brake pads as they are on the way out. Have heard alot of good things about the DS2500's. Found them on www.camskill.co.uk for £142.44 inc. VAT, is this a good price or is there anywhere that does them cheaper? As far as i am aware the S3 8P Ferodo DS2500 Front Pad part number is FCP1765H - Is this correct?

The Ferodo DS2500 dont have wear sensors, i have read that you can remve the wear sensors from your old pads and this will stop the pad warning light coming on is this correct?

Cheers Davie

The ferodo pads may have holes in to use new oem sensors or even other makes, ill ask our work supplier see if we can get a better price. You can just leave the sensors unplugged and you should not have any problems

According to the UK distributor, Brembo Sport pads are made for them by Ferodo based on the DS2500 compound; some of the pads in the Brembo range have the wear sensors. However, the Brembo Sports are R90 and the Ferodo DS2500 are not, so I'm not sure how that works. Might be woth a look, though.

i have them onmy 8l s3 and really reccomend them good bite from cold and even better when heated. I got them from bill at badger 5. i think theres a way of re-wiring so no error sign comes up on the das ( for the 8l anyways.) only downside is the brake dust produced.

The ferodo pads may have holes in to use new oem sensors or even other makes, ill ask our work supplier see if we can get a better price. You can just leave the sensors unplugged and you should not have any problems

u couldnt leave them unpluged or it would bring the light on sir, u would have to bridge the sensor plug out, bad points of doin this is u wont know if ur pads are f00k till there into the metal, if there 140plus i would go with the OEM pads for £80, my m8 runs redstuff and they are noisey till they bed in

I would look at price for golf R32 pads oem and maybe aftermarket,because even at the dealers the price for the S3 parts are a lot more expensive than they are for the R32 even though the brake setup is the same