S3 8P Brake Discs & Pads Options

George Abouzolof

Reaction score
Alright guys,

I know there are a lot of forums on this topic already but I cant ever find a definitive answer on this question. Im getting the front discs and pads changed on my S3 8P and I have the following options on ECP. Which manufacturer do you recommend or combination of manufacturers?

Screenshot 2019 04 23 at 114357

Screenshot 2019 04 23 at 114831

Alright guys,

I know there are a lot of forums on this topic already but I cant ever find a definitive answer on this question. Im getting the front discs and pads changed on my S3 8P and I have the following options on ECP. Which manufacturer do you recommend or combination of manufacturers?

View attachment 180721
View attachment 180722
Im in the same boat bud car is due for a sevice and i need to change discs and pads, im going to go for ebc yellow stuff pads but i cant decide on the discs, whether i should get the EBC slotted, drilled or if i could find wavey rotors like on the rs7 without having to buy a big brake kit as i have 340mm at the front and 310 at the rears

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Why have you started 2 posts on the same topic on the same day?

Reactions: abmat and e9_mustii
First post was to see whether I could have different combinations of manufacturers now I’m wanting to see what people think of the different manufacturers

Should've just just continued it in here but no biggie just keep in mind as some ppl can be slightly anal and call it spamming

I would do some research about fitting Audi TTS front discs to your S3 as a useful option. They are 340 mm instead of 345 so you dont get the lip of rust round the edge. As they are slightly narrower they are lighter and also the ones we fitted to a TTS the cooling slots were open at the hub end and not just the outer edge.

We had terrible problems with judder on 2 sets of Pagid discs and pads under heavy braking so I'll not use again. No problems with Brembo discs and pads. The Brembo discs are not available on ECP in 345mm but they are there in 340mm.

It is essential that the hubs are cleaned and any rust etc is removed before fitting the new discs so they sit totally flat. Any imperfection will lead to judder as well.

As I said, do some research but it is a popular option for S3 owners.

Reactions: e9_mustii
Stick with std discs and std pads, you cant go wrong.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
I would do some research about fitting Audi TTS front discs to your S3 as a useful option. They are 340 mm instead of 345 so you dont get the lip of rust round the edge. As they are slightly narrower they are lighter and also the ones we fitted to a TTS the cooling slots were open at the hub end and not just the outer edge.

We had terrible problems with judder on 2 sets of Pagid discs and pads under heavy braking so I'll not use again. No problems with Brembo discs and pads. The Brembo discs are not available on ECP in 345mm but they are there in 340mm.

It is essential that the hubs are cleaned and any rust etc is removed before fitting the new discs so they sit totally flat. Any imperfection will lead to judder as well.

As I said, do some research but it is a popular option for S3 owners.
Im assuming becayse the differnce between 340 and 345 is only 5mm im not gona have rubbing issues inside the caliper right?

Cheers for the info guys, I’d think I’ll stick to the standard dimensions, I.e 345mm. Reckon the ATE discs and Brembo pads are a good mix?

Yea i know you told me the same thing i just want a more aestheticly pleasing look

Yea i know you told me the same thing i just want a more aestheticly pleasing look

Yellow stuff might help you stop if you travel really quick and brake a lot but you will be cleaning your wheels everyday.
Mix and match discs and pads only if you know a combination that works.

Reactions: e9_mustii
Yellow stuff might help you stop if you travel really quick and brake a lot but you will be cleaning your wheels everyday.
Mix and match discs and pads only if you know a combination that works.
I live in london bud theres always a silly c*nt pulling out in front of me or on thw wrong side of the road

Are you one of those GET OFF MY LAWN TYPES?
No, I'm one of those 'Keep things in one place and they are easier to find' types.
Seems daft to me to ask 2 closely related questions 15 mins apart when the discussion about brakes could have easily covered questions in the same thread.
Does that answer your question?

Stick with std discs and std pads, you cant go wrong.
I'd agree with this, on stock/stage 1 car they are more than capable.
Last year i replaced the fronts with OEM disks and pads, and rears had Brembo Discs and pads. No real difference in how they feel, but the rears create lots more dust.