S3 8p boost issues

aMs1

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post here. Apologies if I have duplicated but couldn't find any info on my issue.

So I have a s3 8p 100k on the clock. I have recently had is stg 1 mapped by AMD along with gfb dv+ and pan let filter upgrades (I have used them in the past and have been excellent).

This time round my car produced 285bhp on the rollers and AMD graph showed that that actual boost wasnyt meeting the requested until about 4k revs. When I drive the car it still feels quite nice and responsive but the boost starts about 2.5-2.8k ish.

I have had AMD look at it and they have changed the n75 valve and could not find any boost leaks or anything but the issue is still there.

They said that it could be that the turbo is abit worn considering the age and milage.

I am wondering if you guys have any other ideas that could be the issue? My turbo seems to be fine as no weird sounds or smoke apparent. I understand that that the milage is abit high and turbo might have some wear but I wanted to rule out anything else it could be first.

I would much appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

..forgot to mention it's a 2007 model.

Is the service booked nice and stamped up? Maybe lack of oil changes has worn out the turbo faster?

I have an 07 S3 with the same problem.... it drives fine but boost dosent come in until 4k . the garage said it could be the actuator as when the boost kicks in it pulls great. i changed the N75 just in case ... so i am tempted to change the actuator before i shell out for a turbo .
Just dont know where to get said actuator

To change the actuator on an S3, u have to remove the turbo. There is no space to adjust it from underneath as the transfer case is in the way. The oem actuator may get abit soft over the years and a "tightening up" on the shaft will get them operating well again. I adjusted my original one before fitting a Forge actuator. Was running a healthy 1.8 bar peak boost and holding 1.1bar at redline.

Yes the service is all stamped and the car seems to have been cared for.

I will check out the actuator before anything else.

Thanks for your help guys.

If u need a new turbo just go straight for the tte420

I've a standard car bar my newly fitted revo intake and it's highlighted similar issues to you. Cars only got 30k on it. Think I've a leak in my exhaust and if that's not causing it to under boost going to check the diverter valve. I'll keep an eye on how you get on.