S3 8p badly balanced and under steer

Kelza

Staff member
Reaction score
Having a s3 myself i should know the problems ,but i rarely push the car and have never been on the track , so is there any way in sorting out under steer going into corners and making the car better balanced ,when pushing it . Stiffening the rear ard which ive already done and running 235 tyres upfront ,which i,ve been running on 19s ,whatelse could help .thanks...

front ARB sorted out understeer in my car a bit! WALK is meant to help also.

Im going Brands Hatch on tuesday so will let you know how the car performs. I'd like to try this WALK kit too!

think GNJ do it. roughly £160? I've tried it in an Edition 30 golf. the steering is quite a bit heavier from it.

Should have kept that walk kit ahhh lol

Does someone have a link to said WALK kit? The one thing i hate about my car (which is a standard s3) is the understeer when pushing it.. Would like to get this looked at as its making me want to find another car with less understeer :(

PHP:
Yeah was pawning off some of my large stock pile,,lol hi rob what else can help ,dont want to take my car to stage 4 and i cant get it to handle corners,lol

but that one is for the fwd cars I think actually! but should be on there somewhere!

(but that one is for the fwd cars I think actually! but should be on there somewhere!)
Cheers mrj901..:)

I'd try harder but I'm on my iPhone at work and I don't know how I haven't caused serious harm with it. it's really stupid sometimes! ad slow as hell!!

Haldex controller also makes a big difference and the tracking is always out.

I can't remember what you've got on yours but a good set of coil overs plus the controller and a bit if rear camber made a huge difference to mine.

Forgot to say....19s don't help the handling.
All of the advice I've had is to avoid them as I know a number who've tried them and gone back to 18s.

it aint the front ARB mate its the rear one, take the front one off and go back to oem if you want less understeer from what I've been told

i have heard this. As u know im going brands on 29th so will let you know how "bad" it understeers. :)

ok.
so best and cheapest option is: rear whiteline arb on stiffer setting, and walk kit, front camber maxed out (i think it's -1°10") that is the max camber that is achiveable with walk. don't know how much without them.

and more options: coilovers, tt lower arms (they give more negative front camber), haldex controler...