S3 8p anti roll bars and anti lift kit

R222cet

Reaction score
I purchased the H&R anti roll bars along with super pro anti lift kit in the summer but just never got round to fitting them. I’m 100% sure about the anti lift kit so that will be going on it’s just the anti roll bars, I’ve always wondered why the front is thicker than the rear and just don’t want to ruin the car ino H&R Know what they are doing I’m just not sure.

After having a service done last week I was informed my tracking is out so the time has come to make the decision. Do I just leave them and only fit the ALK or just fit the rear bar, I don’t really want a lot of oversteer just less understeer and what settings would people recommend I go for if I was to get them on?

I already have Bilstein B8s and H&R springs so would they all compliment each other ? Any help/info appreciated

Fit them all - I have H&R front and rear and there has been no adverse affect on the car. Set the front to the soft setting and rear to hard.

For the front, you’ll need to drop your subframe which would require the tracking to be done any how - might as well do the ARB then the tracking just the once.

Reactions: S.
ARBs will make a much bigger difference to the way the car feels in the corners (depending on how badly worn the current lower arm bushes are), but combined with anti-lift kit it will be night and day to what you have now. I'll never forget the first time I took my S out after fitting the ARBs and ALK - the level of front end grip will be greatly increased and for a 1500kg car she will take corners much better. With uprated shocks and springs it is definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

Play around with the ARB stiffness settings - it's a balance and depends on how hard you drive the car and how much 'play' you want at the rear. Here is a reference for how the two ARBs interact when everything else (tyres, shocks, springs, alignment, etc) is kept constant:

Front Soft + Rear Soft = more neutral handling with more roll in the corners - the most comfortable setting
Front Soft + Rear Hard = tail happy with increased front end grip (at the limit car can quickly spin out if you're too aggressive with steering or brake inputs)
Front Hard + Rear Soft = rear will tend to have more grip and car will corner similar to OEM setup = potential for plenty of understeer, but very safe
Front Hard + Rear Hard = similar to the first option - should be pretty neutral, but with less lateral roll in the corners and less comfort when driving normally due to shocks on one side of the car being transferred more easily to the other side

IIRC, H&R ARBs have two positions where the drop links are attached, the hole that is at the end of the bar is the softer position and the hole further away from the end of the bar is the harder setting. The one you chose depends on personal preference, driving style and environment. For normal road use I'd suggest that you have the rear ARB set to either the same hardness or softer than the front to prevent unexpected spins until you're more comfortable :)

Reactions: ch1z64
Thanks for all the input guys and cheers @leshkin for the detailed help I think I’ll get them on then and maybe start with soft front and back along with ALK it should make for better handling without changing the characteristics of the car too much and I can always have a play about and see where I end up.
Top help from the site as always !

Set the front to the soft setting and rear to hard.
most fun setting, but not for everyone :)

I think the most fun setting is to go to stg2+and take the anti roll bars off completely :) but i have a strange idea of fun :)

Reactions: ashharding and Robin Chandler
I purchased the H&R anti roll bars along with super pro anti lift kit in the summer but just never got round to fitting them. I’m 100% sure about the anti lift kit so that will be going on it’s just the anti roll bars, I’ve always wondered why the front is thicker than the rear and just don’t want to ruin the car ino H&R Know what they are doing I’m just not sure.

After having a service done last week I was informed my tracking is out so the time has come to make the decision. Do I just leave them and only fit the ALK or just fit the rear bar, I don’t really want a lot of oversteer just less understeer and what settings would people recommend I go for if I was to get them on?

I already have Bilstein B8s and H&R springs so would they all compliment each other ? Any help/info appreciated
The H&R front bar shouldn't be bigger than the rear, unless you were referring to the stock bars?
H&R is 24front 26rear.

Also .... Quick question .... For you all.
Swaybar endlinks position .... Closer to centre of the bar is stiffer right? And further away, like at the end of the tab is softer right? ....

Sent from my highchair using Tapacar

The H&R front bar shouldn't be bigger than the rear, unless you were referring to the stock bars?
H&R is 24front 26rear.

Swaybar endlinks position .... Closer to centre of the bar is stiffer right? And further away, like at the end of the tab is softer right? ....

i was wondering the same

Yes my H&R bars are 24mm front and 26mm rear, what are the standard sizes btw ?

H&R bars combined with my Bilstein B8s was the best mod I have made. The superpro lower control arms and anti lift kit also made a noticeable difference. So I would say fit it all. The car feels really planted.

H&R is 24front 26rear.

Yes,. Like I said earlier, the further away from center you go for drop link connection, the softer the setting.

Reactions: miltybilty
The garage (AKS Tuning) fitted the H&R arbs but I sure they went for firm on the back and soft on the front. And it’s perfect.

Looks like I’m going to have a play with the setting and find the best combo that suits me. Is it easy to adjust yourself once there on ? And does it all need tracking up again ?

I woulds settle for just getting the ****** thing to stop :)

Reactions: S.