S3 8L MOT Fail

davsin

Reaction score
So my S3 failed the MOT today with outer sills that were given the OK last year and only 3000 miles of dry(ish) driving.
Should I fix or what am I looking at price wise if I break her :bye:

Last year we put on new bi-xenon headlamps and replaced the turbo back exhaust with a custom 2.75 system and sports cat.

What about cutting the sills out and welding some newer ones in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MPH
My sills need doing also really bothers me someone on Facebook had there’s done for £500

Unfortunately all of ours will need doing at some point, it’s worth getting it done in my opinion. I noticed mine aren’t looking great the other week

I suppose it’s going to cause a lot more cars to be broken then prices will rise on these cars hopefully, I think they’re far to cheap at the minute specially on Facebook the prices I see them go for I wished I bought a decent one on there instead of mine but here I am almost there

I would get the sills cut out and replaced but I am struggling to find parts and I live on the isle of Skye and not many welders keen to do the job either, seen some crazy prices to do the welding from £600 per side.

Wow i hope mine are ok.. This could be cataclismic if they're failing

Had mine cut out last month, both side were rotten.
Bodyshop, folded some new sheets, welded up and rust proofed.
Well worth doing if you love your car

Reactions: S3AMJ
Under my sills are both fed up. My mate has a mot garage he told me cover with fibre glass and he'll pass the car. If he can't see he can't fail it

Under my sills are both fed up. My mate has a mot garage he told me cover with fibre glass and he'll pass the car. If he can't see he can't fail it

Hmmmm...... I’d be a little disappointed if I heard that from a “mate” with an MOT garage. There are “friendly” MOT stations and “dangerous” MOT stations.

Last edited:
My sills arnt great and also they said my cat didn’t have anything in it wether that’s an underlying issue or wether that was true I don’t know but they checked all my car was sweet suspension brakes lights window wipers ect... just save up for the next year and get it done if you like the car if not just keep winging it but I wouldn’t put fibreglass over it lol

I have sills on another shell waiting for my mate to finish breaking it before I get them cut out and welded into mine as they are in good condition. Mot qas only done for me so I can have mot and the car and has barely seen any use since the mot. I've been using my truck however I did drive it the other day and rear wheels seem to be locking up.