S3 8L Intake issue

Castag

Reaction score
Hey guys... first post!
I just recently bough my 225 Bhp BAM S3 8L.
I got it for a great price, the only issue was that i need to change few hoses.
My first major issue is that the hose that connects the PVC to the Inlet has quite litterally blown off at the junction of the hose and the intake. So, first question is, IS this an issue? Will this affect the performance? life of my car? Is this somthing that i should fix? If i do, i will need to replace the entire intake. The OEM will cost me around $700 AUD. Otherwise i was looking at the Badger5 v2.2 as i the OEM is out of budget.

Is anyone here selling a badger5 80mm intake??? are these hard to change over? Ive had a quick look, it seems fairly straight forward, however has anyone got advice?

Thanks all!

I can imagine the car would be running really badly as a lot of air is bypassing the MAF sensor.

Go for any of the Badger5 TIPs, they are all better than the OEM part. Very easy to change, the hardest part is removing the crimp clips (which isn't hard at all just can be a little frustrating without the correct tools).

I can imagine the car would be running really badly as a lot of air is bypassing the MAF sensor.

Go for any of the Badger5 TIPs, they are all better than the OEM part. Very easy to change, the hardest part is removing the crimp clips (which isn't hard at all just can be a little frustrating without the correct tools).

the car is running okish...There is very little boost, however the turbo is spooling and all of a sudden the wastegate can be heard. Im hoping the issue of the intake will solve the problem (certainly no mechanic). Otherwise it may have to make a trip to the workshop as i suspect there may be a leak behind the engine. I have done a boost leak test, but i cant hear anything and i am loosing pressure somewhere.
I am looking into the Badger 2.2 but living in Australia makes it hard because i dont particularly want to wait the 3-4weeks for shipping.

The red tape is the end of the PCV hose and the hole is obviously in the intake

Attachments

• 10816185_10152557381499353_1520484244_n.jpg
    10816185_10152557381499353_1520484244_n.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 144
The red tape is the end of the PCV hose and the hole is obviously in the intake

Seems like you're missing the hockey puck valve as well.. As far as I know it's not hugely important (I've removed mine, I think it just limits the vacuum).

Where abouts in Australia? I'm in WA

By hockey puck, do you mean the PCV?? Because i just took it off for the photo. I do have it in.
Im in Sydney.
Ive done my research, im just going to buy myself the Badger5 v3 TIP.
Only issue is no one can send it to Australia.

Bill from Badger5 has sent me items from England before, and I am hopefully going to be ordering a V2.2 TIP from him shortly. It is quite expensive as you would imagine though

Jenno007 Where do you live? I am going to order mine ASAP maybe we can get a cheaper price for them...

I'm in Perth, it will be a bit of a mess around, because he will need to send both of them to one of us and then one of us sends it to the other person. I honestly can't see it being much of a saving.

Have a read of my PM

plug the hole in the Turbo In Pipe for now whilst you wait on the delivery of your new TIP- see what difference that makes. Make sure what ever you plug it with is a tight fit; you don't want it to be sucked into the turbo