S3 2nd year service

Daz4311

Reaction score
Just booked car in for its second service..near died when audi cheshire oaks quoted me....£436....queried cost...then said best they can do is £387...car booked in..but now im home i was wondering about this price...what has everyone else has paid please

Main dealer service pricing, particularly with premium brands is pretty much legalised extortion. :rage:
It is no wonder that they make the bulk of their profits from servicing.

I know it wont be cheap...and didnt expect it to be.but just feel like i was high way robbed after i got home lol

Any idea what they are doing. I had oil change and inspection at 2 years - just under £200.

Reactions: Mike.
If you don’t mind not having it done by main dealer then try awesome gti. Got 20% off servicing in November also.

Audi Edinburgh wanted £275 for second service (same as first inspection if you are on variable) but price matched an independent for £140.

Audi service pricing is a total joke!

2nd year service..i believe oil change ..inspection and pollen filter..that what service guy said

It really is money for old rope.
They get as much out of the customer as they can possibly get away with.
To add insult to injury a lot of them can't even be trusted to do a proper and honest job.
It's a shame that the good ones get tarred with the same brush. :(

It really is money for old rope.
They get as much out of the customer as they can possibly get away with.
To add insult to injury a lot of them can't even be trusted to do a proper and honest job.
It's a shame that the good ones get tarred with the same brush. :(

And that is the worst thing about it. Car is unlikely to come back without some form of mistreatment, scratch, Marr to paint etc

Just booked car in for its second service..near died when audi cheshire oaks quoted me....£436....queried cost...then said best they can do is £387...car booked in..but now im home i was wondering about this price...what has everyone else has paid please
They quoted me £440 for the 2nd service when I had the S3, I took it to unit20 who did it for £220.

Reactions: Daz4311
And that is the worst thing about it. Car is unlikely to come back without some form of mistreatment, scratch, Marr to paint etc

Do not let them (or any garage) wash it.

I never do but wife’s tt went in for the weeping thermostat the s3’s suffer with and I’d left it dirty with a note not to wash

Came back and they’d basically put hand prints and marks on every panel and wheels rubbing past etc. Don’t understand why they have to have so much contact with the paintwork and wheels when working in the engine bay. Luckily it’s glacier white which hides marks but if black it would be covered in marring now

I just had my A3 1.4 2nd year service done. The most expensive quote I had was from West London Audi at £454 inc VAT. I called around several nearby main Audi dealers and the cheapest I could find was £319. Most other quotes I had were around the £400 mark.

The most surprising thing was, I called different Audi dealerships which were part of the same group and even those quotes were different from each other.

If you don’t mind not having it done by main dealer then try awesome gti. Got 20% off servicing in November also.
Just rang Audi Bolton for my 2nd year inspection/oil change and they quoted me £382 inc VAT. After reading this post I gave Awesome GTI a call (they're based right next to me so that was lucky!) and they've quoted me £185 inc VAT. Booked in for Weds - cheers mate :p

Reactions: Mike. and Jcbmally