Facelift S3 2016 not working DRL and indicators

brown

Reaction score
Hello, I’ve got an issue that’s been baffling me and a few mechanics that have had a look,

I have a facelift S3 that has the led (non matrix) headlights, I get an error for non functioning sidelights and indicators, happens on both headlights, where the drl’s will not work along with the front indicators, also the from beam will not work, main lights work fine tho.

Error Codes shows non communication with the power control module.

Have tried the following:
Tried another used power control module, same issue and codes
Checked the headlight level sensor at the back, unplugged and checked and re seated - same issue and codes
Disconnected the ballasts behind each headlight (visible one in bay) -same issue and codes
Checked the power feed on the wiring loom that connects to the power control module, all ok shows power - same issue and codes

Every now and again the drl and indicators will work but then it will go back to the error and them not working.

All other indicators, on rears and mirrors work fine, just the fronts

Has anyone had a similar issue and fixed it ? Next step I think will be to take it to the Audi dealership but I’m dreading the bills for this

Any help would be appreciated !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was this a retrofit or factory fitted?

Sorry should have said, all of it is OEM factory not a retrofit

Have also checked and confirmed all fuses are fine

Must be one of the earliest facelifts. Mate had a 2016 and that definitely was a pfl.
what codes are you getting?
I would check continuity on all the cables to the headlights and see if there’s a break. It could be something obvious. Other thing is it could be a faulty BCM or some other modules that controls the headlights maybe even headlight switch.

Update on this, it was the body control module, swapped that out for a used one, had to get it coded to the car, and all issues were then fixed, DRL, indicators and main beams now working.

No idea how those connections got damp tho