S3 (2014) pre facelift saloon reverse light LED bulb upgrade?

DeeGee68

DeeGee68
Reaction score
Hi ALL!
One of my reverse bulbs has failed and I would like to upgrade the bulbs to L E D. can anyone tell me which LED bulb would be the best to buy? I have not changed any of the bulbs and any advice or assistance in doing so will be greatly appreciated. I don’t want to buy the wrong fitment/replacement bulbs in error.

Thanks in advance! I have seen a couple of YouTube videos on bulb replacement but they seem to mainly be for sportback and I have a saloon.

ATB!

David

Give T8ups a shout, he's the bulb man.

I am also looking to replace th3e standard 'orange/yellow' indicator bulbs for some silver/white LED bulbs that flash orange. I would like to do this as you can see the 'orange' tint of the bulb when they are not in use and like to 'ALL WHITE' look. I have seen some on YouTube but they were being installed on non Audi cars in the USA.
Anyone replaced theirs?

I am also looking to replace th3e standard 'orange/yellow' indicator bulbs for some silver/white LED bulbs that flash orange. I would like to do this as you can see the 'orange' tint of the bulb when they are not in use and like to 'ALL WHITE' look. I have seen some on YouTube but they were being installed on non Audi cars in the USA.
Anyone replaced theirs?

I used Philips 'Silver Vision' in a previous car. They are 'normal' filament bulbs, not LED. You need to stay with filament bulbs as LEDs will upset the flasher unit. The bulbs were in the car for about 6 years with no problems at all.

JS