S3 2007 fuel pressure rail

dannyAshcroft89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My car completely came to a stop yesterday and when I got it towed to my local garage it came up on the scanner that its my fuel pressure rail!
They say I will have to get injectors and everything which means the price is starting to build up!
Would it not show on the computer that it is an injector and if this was the case I would understand to change them?
Any thoughts on this and anyone know if I can just change the rail or if I should change everything?

I will say off the bat I am not a mechanic but would have thought this would point to an issue with your fuel pump firstly?

I would check the fuel pump/bucket as if this has worn down or through, it would affect fuel pressure, as above though we need to know the exact error, but these are common things to go wrong so worth a check anyway.

Sorry phone was playing up! All I was told was fuel pressure rail! Found out today it is the fuel regulator but when I called audi they couldn't find one, told me it didn't exist on this car! Am I right in saying they are stupid or does it not have one :/ and if anyone knows how much this costs? Thanks for help!!

Sounds like the car is with a bunch of monkeys. Get it moved somewhere where they know what they are doing and have proper diagnostics

Fuel pressure reg is built in to the fuel pump I 'think'

Sounds like the car is with a bunch of monkeys. Get it moved somewhere where they know what they are doing and have proper diagnostics

Fuel pressure reg is built in to the fuel pump I 'think'
Cheers I changed fuel pump / regulator but still no change but it is moving again but keeps stalling initially it does it around 3 times and then stops when I first get in the car in the morning!
I have told them to change the fuel filter in case other one is faulty and take the cats out which will nock another off the list of what it can be! Get the car back in few hours so will go from there!