S3 2.0 TFSi strange windy noise when accelerating (video)

jlaitinen

Reaction score

Hello

I got this strange windy noise coming from engine bay when accelerating full throttle. It doesn't sound like normal turbo spooling. Especially with higher gears you can hear the noise through 3000-4000rpm and the acceleration is not smooth like the car is struggling to climb through rpms. The car is remapped with 1.5bar boost, rest stock. I haven't noticed any decrease in performance with 2nd gear acceleration or accelereting without full throttle.The noise doesn't occur when revving on neutral. Scans with Torque come out without errors.

Is it turbo related like a leak somewhere or something else?

Thanks

Hocky Puk valve? Any other breather pipe?

Check to see if there are any leaks anywhere

Hocky Puk valve? Any other breather pipe?

Check to see if there are any leaks anywhere
Thanks, I will check those. What should I be expecting is something in the pcv is broken, leaked oil? Also how would it be making this sound?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just not that experienced with engines and willing to learn.

I had that sound, broken pcv. Easy stuff

Just the unit, i did a pcv delete to sort it.

Replaced the pcv valve. The sound is still there but the car runs more smoothly idle and has better responsiveness with throttle. The old valve was clearly blown.

Interesting, It fixed it for me. Not sure then, Perhaps what hans said could be worth a look into.