S3 2.0 tfsi revving at idle on its own? not pcv changed it already

Mattj192

Reaction score
So my audi s3 2010 revs on its own and only at idle and when up to running temp? Got to be a sensor or electric fault hasn’t it ? Not air leak? any help please

Is the Dipstick seated correctly and have the seal on it?
Are you sure the PCV pipes are not split or loose?

Yes dip stick is ok, rubber o ring still attached I’m pretty sure pvc pipes are good, will check again tomorrow, if it doesn’t do it all the time only when engine hot wouldn’t that rule out a air leak? Pcv valve is new from Audi ..Thanks for reply

Try spraying WD40 in light mists around joins and brittle hoses with the engine running. if the engine note changes, you have sucked some in and the area you last sprayed in may have a leak.

Inside the plastic pipe that goes to pcv there is a rubber O'ring so make sure they have pushed it in correctly or you will notice reving when idle , i had same problem and qhen my mechanic put the pipe bk on for the delete he noticed it was seated correctly . Worth look

So I cleaned maf sensor today cos I read that too no change , took pipes off pcv and checked everything is fitted correctly checked pipes they seem all good I can hear air when I listen close but I think that’s what’s just getting sucked through it...where the pipe fits to the inlet (or I think it’s inlet) was pretty oily tho? Thanks for reply’s